open to options? Ignition key related??

crzykyman

Okay question, what to do?

1990 thunderbird SC... Lost ignition key... NO KEY.. Just door key...
125.00 for locksmith to come and make new key...
what do i do to get ignition switch out to replace, keep in mind, cant use key to turn to "on'' position... how can i get the ignition out without actuall having the key? if you know of any tool, other than a stick of dynamite, let me know.. if you have pictures that would be awesome to help me.. thanks. Ken huston jr. a very angry sc owner at this point..

I don't know how you would pull the ignition key tumbler from the column without the key, but I think I heard somewhere that if you contact a Ford dealership and give them the VIN for your SC, they can get you a key. That may only work for "more recent" model years, though.

NMxr7SC said:
isn't the door key the same as the ignition key? :confused: maybe that's a cougar thing.
Nope, my car is the same way. The door and ignition use the same key, only the trunk is different......................for some reason. :confused:

crzykyman said:
Okay question, what to do?

1990 thunderbird SC... Lost ignition key... NO KEY.. Just door key...
125.00 for locksmith to come and make new key...
what do i do to get ignition switch out to replace, keep in mind, cant use key to turn to "on'' position... how can i get the ignition out without actuall having the key? if you know of any tool, other than a stick of dynamite, let me know.. if you have pictures that would be awesome to help me.. thanks. Ken huston jr. a very angry sc owner at this point..
so do you have the door key?

door key

are u sure you have the DOOR key and NOT the trunk key? Because if its the door key and not the trunk key ..yes the door key is also the ignition key so it should work

Back