Motor Mount Installation... Oh yeah...

darkstar_one

Yep, got my solid motor mounts... 25 bucks each... well anywho... the story is... ima drop the subframe... remove the power steering rack which is worn out already, might as well replace it, and ima replace the seal on the oil pan... and clean the pick up screen on the oil pump, and finally replace the motor mounts... yey! anything else i should replace since ima be down there?

Be careful of the EVO o-rings and the power steering hi-pressure hose fitting o rings that seal to the power steering tank. I removed all the hold downs for the lines, but when I lowered the sub frame, tension was put on these o-rings just from the sheer weight of the line and I had to replace them all. Not hard to do, but I had to get the right o-rings. The two smaller thick o-rings for the fitting were no problem, as they were part of a standard o-ring kit I had, but the 2 for the EVO swivel fitting I had to run out and get. These are the thin type, 1" and a 7/8" Use petroleum jelly on them all before trying to put back together. Also, you don't have to remove the hi-pressure line from the swivel fitting, as the teflon seal is only available with a new line, so just leave it on. The swivel fitting will slide right off the EVO assembley.

Back