moving to omaha

james5275

Hello everyone,
I'm moving to Omaha on march 1st, just thought I'd introduce myself. JJ Armstrong, 90 silver SC auto. Only a few mods- shift kit, mac intake, straight pipes, eibach 1.5" springs, and lots of stereo. Anybody else in the Omaha/Lincoln area? I'm also looking for some advise/help with replacing my heater core, hella cold there this time of year. Dont need it here in San Diego. Thanks, JJ

Yeah.. some of us are more crazy than others :D

Look forward to meeting you when you get here.

-Andy "Melon"

I'll also give you a welcome. There are as Thomas stated, a few of us "crazies" out here. We've got a good active core of people who love these cars a lot (I hope my wife doesn't read this...). We meet once every couple months, March being the next month, and we also meet numerous times via phone call. There's a lot of activity if you dive in. I'll get info on the next meet in March and look forward to seeing you there.

(and even though our local website still has my blue '89, I've got a '92 silver one now. The blue one is a parts car now.)

Sounds good. I'll meet up when I can. Ofcourse I have a wife who hates any kind of machinery so getting out is hard to do....unless I take her shopping. Does Scribner and Kearney still run? Havn't been around for a while, don't know if they are still open. Last track I've been to is Manhattan Ks, about 8 years ago. Does anyone still cruise Broadway in Council Bluffs? Gotta get up to speed with the Ne. JJ

Scribner is still open and open nights are every other friday night during season. Last I heard, the owner was trying to find a place close to Lincoln (just west) instead of Scribner. It's a longer story, but so far, nothing has come of it.

I've got a wife, 3 kids (4th on the way), so I understand how difficult it can be. There's others who are married with kids too so you're not alone. Some of us try to include our families (I do for sure) not so much to subject them to the tortures of our love, but to meet with some of the other families so they can do their thing while we're doing our car thing.

I don't know if anything goes on at all in Council Bluffs...I don't make it over there very often at all. One of the other guys will know though...

Not sure about Kearney. We've been out there once (Kearney Cruise Night 2003 I believe, and it was a crappy attendance anyway..) But we try to go to Scribner 3-4 times per year. One time is usually a half-*** organized meet and the other 2-3 times are setup on Wednesday to go that Friday :D

Not sure about cruising Broadway in CB. I've been over there in the evening and do see alot of people cruising, but I haven't cruised it myself since I'm from Blair.

And you have a PM.
-Andy "Melon"

Welcome...... :D
I just wanted to throw that out there. Sam and Andy "Melon" have pretty much said everything else that can be said....but we're glad to have ya.

Andy (ADPSMP)
94SC

heater core

james5275 said:
Hello everyone,
I'm moving to Omaha on march 1st, just thought I'd introduce myself. JJ Armstrong, 90 silver SC auto. Only a few mods- shift kit, mac intake, straight pipes, eibach 1.5" springs, and lots of stereo. Anybody else in the Omaha/Lincoln area? I'm also looking for some advise/help with replacing my heater core, hella cold there this time of year. Dont need it here in San Diego. Thanks, JJ
cheaper and quicker to move to Florida screw the heater core its a pain in the a//////////////////////////////////

I'm from Cedar Bluffs, which is right by *cough* Fremont.

Good to know there are other people with SC's in Nebraska than just me!

He's got a white SC. I can only think of 2 for sure black SC's in the area - one is probably still in storage and the other is getting some TLC on the engine.

I sort of work in Fremont - if you see a blue 2001 Ranger with MELON on the license plates or a red T-Bird LX with SC12B on the plates, that's me. I'm either at Wal-Mart, Food 4 Less or Hy-Vee.. I work for Coke as a merchandisor and those stores are on my route :D

And by the way - are you on the mailing list for events in Nebraska? Our next meet is April 3rd in Lincoln.

-Andy "Melon"

No....melon is correct. Last summer I saw a silver SC in Freemont on my way to Scribner.....figured it might have been you when you said where you lived.... :D

Oh...Melon...there is a black SC owned by someone over in the Bellevue Automall, and a beat looking 35th with a cervinis hood that is frequently parked out in front of the firestone tire place on Ft Crook with a "for sale" thingy in the window....and then there is Gary's (mine...cough...cough) black 94.

Last edited:
Melon said:
one is probably still in storage and the other is getting some TLC on the engine.

adpsmp said:
and then there is Gary's (mine...cough...cough) black 94.

Right.. And if you remember, my dad's is the one getting the engine work.. so it leaves Gary to be the other black SC :p

-Andy "Melon"

Might have been me, but I bought the car in late summer/early fall so it could have beent he previous owner too.

Nope, I'm not on the mailing list, I should get on that right quick.

Back