Suspension question

green73

I am betting this is a newbie question, but here it goes. Is rear sag/squat common? Just got my SC, and realized it sits noticibly lower in the rear. If this is common, what is the reason. How about the cure? I am concidering springs in the future, if this is the cure, then I guess I answered my own question.

Spring insulators

There is a upper and lower spring insulator on each rear spring made out of a neoprene type material. They become compressed after high mileage and will allow the rear to settle over time. It is also possible for the springs to collapse somewhat over time. I would install new insulators first. If you find better springs are needed, put a request on the wanted section. There are a lot out there from when people have installed lowering springs. John

Thanks for thr info. Of sourse this will lead to a second question though. The isolators, still available from Ford? Or is there an aftermarket/better replacement?

Re: Rear Springs

The isolators are still available.
Also I installed Air-Lift air bags so I can adjust height.(JC Whitney)

SCP has Polyurethane Upper and Lower Spring Cups

Also, Supercoupe Performance just added the better than OEM Polyurethane Upper and Lower Spring Cups for the REAR Springs at $65 a set. I'd check those out b4 OEM. You're going through the work anyhow might as well have to do it only one time.

AnnivSpeCpe said:
There is a upper and lower spring insulator on each rear spring made out of a neoprene type material. They become compressed after high mileage and will allow the rear to settle over time. It is also possible for the springs to collapse somewhat over time. John

thanks for all the info. It is my nature to use the aftermarket items, as they are usually designed with performance in mind.

Back