Firm Ride Light

ThunderMoon

Okay, I know that this has been discussed many many times. I did search on it. My firm ride light blinks 3 times in the auto position which I know refers to the front right actuator. I have tried the WD40 twisting the actuator pin thing twice with no improvement. Also, when I turn the car on I don't hear any clicking noises. Something that sounds different from other cases is that my firm ride light does not USUALLY stay illuminated. Sometimes it will, but normally it shuts off after about 1 minute of the car running. I can't really notice any difference between the firm position and the auto position as far as ride feel goes. Any ideas what my problem is?

Thanks,
Damien

First thing you need to do is see if the pin in any of them are turning. Fronts are the easiest to reach, so take the other front off and have some one flip the firm/aoto switch, while the key switch is in the power position. Then check the one in question. If neither turn, you may need a new computer, if one does and one doesn't you will need a new actuator. If you need another actuator, let me know I have 3 left from my Koni swap last year. You pay shipping and it yours.

Dumb question: Is the actuator the thing that sits clamped down on top of the pin? What does it do? Does it receive a signal from the ARC and turn the pin? If it does, how can I check to see if it is turning without it being on the pin? If I am totally confused, please set me straight :D . I will be out of town until Sunday. Thanks for any info you can shed.

Thanks,
Damien

ARC sensor

I have looked and looked for something regarding this and have had no luck: My ARC light blinks three times when in auto mode. I change it to firm and the light is solid. I detached the ARC sensor from the passenger's front. The light stopped blinking in auto mode and worked like it is supposed to meaning the firm engages only when supposed to. ???? I then did the WD40 thing on the sensor and re-attached it. Guess what... light blinks three times. I detached it again yesterday and everything is fine again. What gives?

Eric

Eric Bryan said:
I have looked and looked for something regarding this and have had no luck: My ARC light blinks three times when in auto mode. I change it to firm and the light is solid. I detached the ARC sensor from the passenger's front. The light stopped blinking in auto mode and worked like it is supposed to meaning the firm engages only when supposed to. ???? I then did the WD40 thing on the sensor and re-attached it. Guess what... light blinks three times. I detached it again yesterday and everything is fine again. What gives?

Eric

Did you take a pair of pliers and gently moved the pin back and forth about 90 degrees each way inside the long nut on top of the shock itself? Also, this is where you spray the WD40 into.

Frit

Did you take a pair of pliers and gently moved the pin back and forth about 90 degrees each way inside the long nut on top of the shock itself? Also, this is where you spray the WD40 into.

Yes, I did that too. It did not help once I placed the sensor back on

mine did that sounds like the pin is to tight in the shock and the acuator cant turn it spray some more wd in it and turn the shock back and forth with pliers about 20 times to loosen it up or replace the shock

Last edited:
Back