lifters ?

jmfasc

my sc is at ford gettin a new short block,and they want to know if i want to replace the lifters. how often do lifters usually go bad? they look like their in good shape,their 176000 on the motor. should i replace them or will i be ok with those? thanks for any replies

and also im putting a 2200 stall converter in and was wondering if it makes any diference in performance

Unless they are bad I see no reason to replace the lifters unless they forgot which holes they came out of and then they should be replaced. I paid $9.50 each for new lifters last year so if they want more than that, I'd say no.

If you are putting in a new shortblock new lifters sure wont hurt. A 2200 stall will make the car launch better. Think about a trans. cooler with the higher stahl converter.

Mike Puckett said:
Unless they are bad I see no reason to replace the lifters unless they forgot which holes they came out of and then they should be replaced. I paid $9.50 each for new lifters last year so if they want more than that, I'd say no.

where did you get them from? ford wants 20$ for each one

Anyplace that Sells Sealed Power/Federal Mogul stuff should be able to get them.
http://www.federalmogul.com/cda/content/front/0,2194,2442_2875_6773,00.html
http://www.rockauto.com

Intake
--Sealed Power #V2232 - Chrome Plated stem; 1.782" Head Dia., 4.84" O.A.L. Sold in packs of 2 $6.54
--Sealed Power #V223215 - Chrome Plated stem; 1.782" Head Dia., 4.84" O.A.L.{0.015" oversize Valve} Sold in packs of 2 $6.41

Exhaust
--Sealed Power #V2231 - Chrome Plated stem; 1.46" Head Dia., 4.845" O.A.L. Sold in packs of 2 $10.42
--Sealed Power #V223115 - Chrome Plated stem; 1.46" Head Dia., 4.845" O.A.L. {0.015" oversize Valve} Sold in packs of 2 $9.53

I bought mine at Ball Engine in Lilburn, GA(suburb of Atlanta). I think they are Sealed Power but not sure. When I get back home I can check for you. That was last year so they might have gone up a little bit.

thanks for helping guys. one more question,does anyone know the torque specs on the svo roller rockers or r they still stock specs? thanks

jmfasc said:
thanks for helping guys. one more question,does anyone know the torque specs on the svo roller rockers or r they still stock specs? thanks

Do a search. If you are able to use the factory pedastals you can torque them to stock (I believe its 26 ft lbs). If you have the Crane milled pedastals they can only be torqued to 20 ft lbs.

If Ford wants $20 for them, ask them to lookup the PN for a 93 5.0 Mustang. It's the same lifter. And they're around $12 from the aftermarket. Federal Mogul more than likely supplies them to Ford, so they have to add a couple $ to them.

Check the rollers. If they wiggle back and forth AT ALL replace them. If it were me, at 176K, they'd be replaced without question.

Back