custom FMIC im doing what are your opinions

daivd z

I got a custom core from Bell Intercoolers. Im in the process of putting it on now. It has 3 inch endtanks. Im going to run a 3 inch pipe from the top to the inlet and a short 3 inch pipe to the stock bottom pipe for ease of install and time. The IC is good for 400 RWHP they say. There is no condensor so it should get better air. What do you guys think of HP gains even though im using the stock return pipe? I will try to get some pics soon.

IMO...i would ditch the stock lower pipe. The pipe is actually pinched very thin in spots and has a very bad routing over the exhaust manifolds where it picks up heat. I would take the time and make the whole system really nice with new upper and lower tubes. You might also want to think about aluminum piping as an alternative to stainless.

I would agree, using the stock return tube is not the best idea. I built my own FMIC and ran the tubeing as shown in the picture. Not only does it flow better and gets less heat in its new location the return line can be removed for easy access to the plugs. I think the 3" tubing from the blower to the IC is a little over kill IMO. The hoses make it easy to remove tubes to work on the engine and does away with the silly teflon tape and the big spanner nut

Attachments

• Engine side new.jpg
    Engine side new.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 238
Just tossin another set up your way. I agree on the lower IC tube needing replaced. I routed mine as high as I could.

100_3984.jpg

Micah

WOW! Micah I really like the way you did your tubing great job. I will be redoing mine when I go to a manual steering box. They look great. Guys like you teach me something new all the time. Can you post a picture of you intercooler? Thanks Tim

Ok, NPR as is a small import truck. I know where there is a bunch parked brand new. I am on a very tight budget, :D Just kidding. Tim

Micah can enjoy that title for awhile. But once I've completed my project I'm gonna give him a run for his money! I'm doing a total ground up restoration with mega mods to the motor and tranny for slightly less than $5,000 , of course its taken a long time and I've had to do all the work myself.

No Way.

Micah has, without a doubt, the fastest SC with PWO Cobra R's to fall off in the ghetto at 2:00 AM for a driver over 6'11".

Back