Lola needs slicks - a few pics

tbird88

Thrashed late Fri night tryin' to finish swappin' a late blower on to Lola that I'd ported. Transitioned the inlet plenum for the 70mm BBK, matched the inlet plenum to the ported blower, slapped it all on and finally went for a cruise at 1:30am (Sat morn).

results...
THEN: Complete exhaust rework dropped boost to 8-9 lbs around 3,500 with good low end torque, excellent driveabilty.

NOW: Snappy response with an instant 5-6 lbs boost at part throttle, 13-14 lbs at 4,000 in 2nd gear. Movin' too fast to look at the boost gauge in 3rd :)
Got to at least score a set of drag radials, I'm leanin' towards Hoosiers.

'bird

pic 1: Koko's brotherinlaw and me waitin' our turn in the lanes. He's there to test a new 3.73 gear.
lolastrip0028.jpg

pic 2: Gettin' silly with 60 series street tires :p While the smoke cleared, the Announcer in the tower said "sounds like that Thunderbird has a turbo"...the Starter knew better, looked at me and just grinned.
lola83259161lg.jpg

pic 3: oops, moved a lil early :mad: She sat on the rear tires good but then blew 'em about 20-30 feet off the line, wheelhop in 2nd and spun just a hair in 3rd.
lola83453142lg.jpg

pic 4: Return road shot.
lolastrip0058.jpg

pic 5: Parked next to PearlBird's car in the pits. We went headsup but he had problems off the line. Gotta love that 94/95 Traction Control :p :p :p
eve129050918.jpg

I was kind've surprised to see the pics, glad everyone took 'em. Sure do like the way she comes up in the front (pic 3), car has an Eibach Pro kit w/stock shocks.

'bird

Here's a coupla more pics of Pearlbird.

pic 1: Goin' through Tech.
eve129050828.jpg

pic 2: Passed with flyin' colors and gettin' a number.
eve129050838.jpg

pic 3: Spy photo of the J79 jet engine in his trunk.
eve129050848.jpg

If I had a trac lok and some drag radials, lola would have been mine!!!! heh. The PearlBird is a cannibal, but seriously the track was so cold, not many people could hook up good.

NorthrnSCownr said:
Thats a bad A$$ looking Bird Wynn! I give you an A for intimidation factor alone with that hood!
Tom
Only problem I have now is the underhood light apparently blinks whenever ya hit the throttle hard or cross the right bump in the road. I think it's a mercury switch and it's a little unerving to go down the road with the occasional blinkblink flashin' ya in the face because of the open cowl.

Now if I can only find the time to Krylon that bumper huh? Got a Mitsubishi front bumper cover and also one from a Pontiac, been lookin' at the openings/scoops on them and been wonderin' if parts of either one would look good grafted onto Lola's frontend. The Mitsu piece has an opening about 6-7" tall and around 20-22" wide in the middle, Poncho has some cool foglight openings (Mitsu does too), think any of that stuff would come close to lookin' okay?

'bird

I think that it looks pretty good with the white bumper. Makes it even more mean looking!! Almost some kinda sick suped up cop car(with two tone white/black). I'm sure it'll look better with it all black though.
Hope to see more progress soon! ;)
Tom

NorthrnSCownr said:
I think that it looks pretty good with the white bumper. Makes it even more mean looking!! Almost some kinda sick suped up cop car(with two tone white/black). I'm sure it'll look better with it all black though.
Hope to see more progress soon! ;)
Tom
I kinda get a kick outa drivin' around the southend, get behind some crackhead and they think it's a car that the police confiscated and are usin' in the local D.A.R.E. program. Sounds silly but certain people pull over and let me by at the oddest times LOL!

'bird

crzykyman said:
red light? or you just trying to get a head start?
She's a 5spd and doesn't have a linelock, I usually stage as shallow as possible to keep from rolling out, didn't work this time. Actually redlighted twice that day, other time was against Pearlbird. Got a Hurst solenoid at the shop but there just ain't enuff hours in the day to install it.

'bird

Hey Wynn,

Did that other package ever arrive to you? I tried contacting you through email but I haven't heard from you. I just need to know in case it didn't show up.

Also, I need those tops back before the end of the month, otherwise, it's going to be too late.

Back