ABS Pressure Switch harness

Silver R

I'm looking at the diagram that shows how to ground the #4? pin connector on the Pressure Switch electical connector. (Not on the switch itself, but the wire harness going to it)? If I do this, AND the pump runs, then the pressure switch is bad and not the relay because the Pressure Switch tells the relay when to turn on power to the pump.
Does any one have a pic of the actual harness that I need to ground?

After reading and reading some more went ahead and posted the most asked for pics for the abs system from other members threads. I think it might help other members with the same problem.

Attachments

• abs SC TBIRD.jpg
    abs SC TBIRD.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 625
  • Picture 56.jpg
    Picture 56.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 69.jpg
    Picture 69.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 247
  • BRAKEPRESSURESWITCH.JPG
    BRAKEPRESSURESWITCH.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Your on the right track for diagnosing the pressure switch. The harness has five slots in it. If you look closely, you can see the numbers. That last picture shows what the pressure switch looks like. I've attached a photo with all the connectors and pins.

Attachments

• abs.JPG
    abs.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 263
for diagnosing the pressure switch...check for continuity between pin #3 and pin #5 ..on the pressure switch ....system must be pressurized...so you may have to jump the relay or feed power to the pump ..to pressurize the system ..if it's the switch that is blown ..it's a pain in the a$$ to get at...I swapped out the abs system ..cause I couldn't get anything on the switch ..to remove it ..good thing about spares :) ...dave

ABS Pressure Switch

I tried to check the ABS Pressure switch yesterday but I think I was grounding the wrong wiring harness. I will review and try again today hopefully it's just the switch and not the whole thing.
Thanks for the photos they will help.

I finally checked the wiring harness for the ABS pressure switch. I grounded pin#4 and only heard the relay click. Does this mean the pump is shot (replace whole unit) or does this mean I have change the ABS pressure switch. :confused: Any help and comments welcomed.

ABS pressure switch

I finally checked the wiring harness for the ABS pressure switch. I grounded pin#4 and only heard the relay click. Does this mean the pump is shot (replace whole unit) or does this mean I have change the ABS pressure switch. :confused: Any help and comments welcomed.

here some wiring ...and relay location ...to test pump motor jump
537B tan/yellow with 538C grey/red at pump motor relay ..that should start the pump..as long as the high current fuse is good ....dave

Attachments

• absrelays.jpg
    absrelays.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 203
  • abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 218
Replaced the whole ABS unit work for a whole year and a half!! But back to the the brake and antilock light Blues!! Does any one have the proper way to jump the relay, and turn the ABS pressure pump on to see if the pressure switch is bad? I had the info but lost it? Never thought I would ever use it again after I replaced the whole unit?:mad:

i was able to jump start the abs pump... you will need a harness from a donor... cut the connector from the harness and leave about 2 iches of wire... then u basically splice up the wire and plug it into the battery... check out DUFFYs 35th anniversary registry or somethiung like that... it shows which ones are the ones that u need to plug into to check and see if ur pump turns on....

seems the website is dead... i dont know if anyone kept a back up of it. it would sure be helpful!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65697&highlight=duffy+abs

Last edited:
By cutting the connector from the harness and basically splicing up the wire and pluging it into the battery...
You would mean the harness connector to the Anti-Lock Pressure Switch? Is that Correct?:confused:
I did find the website but no info on a swap for the connector.

Link: http://www.35thatr.org/index.html

Last edited:
here.. i drew this on MS PAINT! should give you the idea of what i am talking about!

DO NOT CUT YOUR HARNESS! CUT ONE FROM THE JUNKYARD!

Attachments

• ABSPUMPMOTOR.JPG
    ABSPUMPMOTOR.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Harness

I've found a donor car but which harness to I remove? By the look of the drawing you want me to remove the ABS Pump motor connector. This would mean I should not remove the Pressure Swith Harness? Attached are pic of both connectors. One is round the other Square. Sorry for being a pain just really want to get my bird up and running.Thanks Again for your help.

Attachments

• Connectors.jpg
    Connectors.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 150
the abs pump motor harness is round! cut the round one off! cut it away from the connector towards the main harness! not towards the abs pump motor... you are going to need the connector!

YOU NEED THE CONNECTOR! THAT IS YOUR MAIN PRIORITY! THE 4 PIN ROUND CONNECTOR! THAT IS YOUR OBJECTIVE!

ABS PUMP MOTOR IS FEMALE I BELIEVE! THE MAIN HARNESS IS MALE!

YOU NEED A SPARE MALE CONNECTOR!

IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH?

How about this.....

I have connectors like this for all the electrical functions on our SCs.....

Never know when you might need one.....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ABS motor harness.jpg
    ABS motor harness.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the help guys. Will try and find connector in the to buy section. The donor car was crushed!!:( Can't really find many donor cars where I live. It's like finding a needle in a hay stack!

Back