'93+ Spindles

darkstar_one

Hey, i was at the junkyard the otherday about 2 days ago... and i saw some spindles from a 1993 and newer tbirds... and i thought... hmm should i get them... i wanted too but first i went to the register to find out how much they wanted for spindles... the guy said... 25 dollars for the pure spindle... and 27 dollars for the spindle plus the hub... so anyone think i should go back and get them... so i can do that MUSTANG DUAL PISTON CALIPER thinga majig???? it would be kool cuz i like the way the brakes look on the newer tbirds... makes them look more AGGRESSIVE.. and ima be adding my CROSS DRILLED SLOTTED ROTORS also.. so yeah... anyone?

That's a steal. But keep in mind that you will have to at least upgrade rotors and calipers since the mounting brackets for the calipers are completely different and the rotors are different. I'm not sure what it is about the rotors that are different, but they are. I'm in the process of upgrading mine right now. I'm doing quite a bit more suspension work too while I'm at it though.

Bottom line, you do the spindles, you'll need to do the brakes as well. I spent $250 for a M8 set-up with calipers, hubs, rotors, and spindles. And I then got new hubs and new calipers on top of that. Keep in mind too that you want to get the spindles that have the ABS mounting point as well. That could be a kicker to a lot of those spindles.

Yes, with 93 - up spindles, you can bolt on any of the 94 - 04 Mustang brake options. Just make sure the car you're looking at has ABS. The 89 - 92 spindles were all the same for ABS equipped cars or non-ABS, but the 93 - up vehicles used two different spindles for ABS and non-ABS.

You will also need to change the stab. bar end links to the 93 - up style as well.

cheers,
Ed N.

Back