PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From Upstate New York/Albany Area?

NY90RedSC
02-05-2005, 02:23 PM
It seems like most everyone on here is from the City. I was wondering if there were any SC owners or enthusiasts in Capital District/Lake George region of Upstate New York. :(
It's a shame that alot of the other regional forums here have alot of input but the New York forum is kinda dead. From the looks of things it appears there used to be a club in the City, but it's gone now or at least suffering miserably.
Now that I officially own a Super Coupe, I'd love to associate with other SC owners in the area. Maybe this forum should be opend to include all New York SC owners, not just those living close to NYC. Any thoughts? :confused:

dirtybird x
02-05-2005, 02:40 PM
It seems like most everyone on here is from the City. I was wondering if there were any SC owners or enthusiasts in Capital District/Lake George region of Upstate New York. :(
It's a shame that alot of the other regional forums here have alot of input but the New York forum is kinda dead. From the looks of things it appears there used to be a club in the City, but it's gone now or at least suffering miserably.
Now that I officially own a Super Coupe, I'd love to associate with other SC owners in the area. Maybe this forum should be opend to include all New York SC owners, not just those living close to NYC. Any thoughts? :confused:

I'm in rockland county ny, that only about 1 1/2 hours south of you

Ira R.
02-05-2005, 04:58 PM

=========================
never mind. i changed my mind.
i got nothing to say.

Ira
=========================

90SCKid
06-09-2005, 11:24 AM

My father and I live in Gloversville New York. I used to live near Saratoga. PM me if you ever want to meet up.

Deep6
07-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Yo, I haven't frequented the board a whole lot because I just bought a house in ALBANY! It's fun being able to work on my car in the driveway.

But I've been having problems with my job (I work for the Center for Disabled) they suck major donkey balls and I'm looking for a new job right now.

So yeah, I've been up here in albany a while now. My SC is messed up and I'm going to be doing some fixing this summer. But for the most part my SC is a daily driver midnight blue 95 5speed.

I'm running polished 17" 03' Cobra rims, but they are horribly dirty for running them in the winter time. Plus on 787 the road is so nasty it pounds my car's chassis bad.

I do think though that I need new shocks for sure. So before I get fed up with the 17" wheel scene, I'm gonna upgrade to Koni Yellows and see if the ride improves somewhat.

A couple of years ago the TCCOA had a mini-meet in the Cross gates mall parking lot. They did it sometime at the end of July beginning of August. i went a couple of times, but I didn't go last year and I don't know if they are doing it this year either.

NY90RedSC
08-04-2005, 08:49 PM
With all the curfews and so forth that have been implemented at Crossgates now, I don't reckon that would be a great place to meet. :rolleyes:
I'm in Glens Falls and I see a white 89-93 SC cruising around town a bit. There aren't many SC's up here in this neck of the woods it seems. If anyone wants to meet up though, pm me. I'm game as is my SC. :D

Deep6
08-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I forgot that there were like stabbings, rapings and general pillageings at the X-gates mall.

I used to live in Guilderland anyway, it's good that I moved out. But now I'm in downtown albany (south end district) not too far from "Lark St." the supposed "Cultural Capital" of Albany.

There are lots of cool, young and hip shops and cafe's there, plus historic brownstones too bad it's only 3 blocks worth.

I've got to get this front end work done to my SC. I've already got the front bumper cover, 97' Headlights, Clear corner lights, header panel. I'm just waiting for the hood and I'm going to test fit everything together. Should it go together just fine, I'm going to take it all on over to Metro Ford for the final paint work.

But that won't solve my drivability issues. Let's not even mention the gas economy coupled to the outrageous gas prices....

nanatothesixth
08-06-2005, 10:43 PM
I live in Buffalo, N.Y. !

NY90RedSC
08-06-2005, 11:33 PM
My SC is going to the bodyshop in November as well for a complete strip down and re-paint. I can't wait to see how she turns out myself. I spent alot of time today cleaning it up and getting it ready to take it to a local cruise-in here in Glens Falls. I ended up not putting it in though because of the back bumper being torn, the e-brake cable haning down and the clearcoat fading. :( I guess I could have though because there was a 90 GT 'Stang there that looked worse than mine that the guy was shwoing. I want to get a Cervini hood for the car too before it goes into the shop to be painted. I haven't decided if i'm going to add a hint of pearl to the clearcoat though or just leave it the bright red it is now....any suggestions? :confused:

Deep6
08-07-2005, 12:06 AM
And I was getting a total strip and repaint, I'd go for a slick pearl color of course!

Hell, if it was going to be a "seasonal/show" type car, I'd maybe even get like a mysterious/chameleon type color, like a blue/green/purple job.

But I'm not a fan of white, but I've seen SC's painted in pearlescent white and I have to admit, I like it.

So if you want to go with a metallic flake Red I'd say do it! I saw a Red car the other day with a high metallic flake content and it basically looked like Dorothy's Magic Ruby Slippers! (There's no place like at home with my SC)

I'm getting a VFN 97 Style hood for my car. I basically went with the fiberglass hood to shave some LBS. They make a wicked looking raised cowl but that would only be if you wanted to change up to a 97 front end...

The Cervini's would look good on the earlier cars and I think that most folks who have one don't have too many complaints.

NY90RedSC
08-07-2005, 11:54 AM
I haven't heard of many complaints with the Cervini hoods either. One person did say his bodyshop had a wicked hard time trying to fit the hood to his SC, but when he contacted Cervini they covered the cost of shipping that hood back and overnighted another hood to the bodyshop so they could press on and keep the car's progress on schedule. That speaks volumes to me about the integrity of that company and their willingness to make things right with the customer. BTW, when the shop got the new hood they had it fitted in 15 minutes and it looked perfect.
I'll let y'all know what I decide and how things turn out...There are also some miscellaneous interior peices I need to make the inside of the car like new...not many parts, just a few to bring the inside back to like new condition.
Again, let me know when y'all want to get together. I'd love to see your car too, even if it isn't all together! :D

trip's94sc
09-17-2005, 01:15 PM
im in upstate ny ....utica. i have not seen anyone hear im the only supercoupe in this insane place !!!!!!!

NY90RedSC
10-10-2005, 07:58 AM
I had to go down into Delaware county last week and couldn't believe the number of SC's we saw and then we went out into the Amsterdam area and saw several along the way there as well. I found a twin to my red 90 SC on the way home Saturday too. It is a 92 and is identical with the exception it did not have the power moonroof option. This car was also involved in a front end collision and needs a bit of work to make her new again. No rust on the car and I'm hoping to go down today to take a closer look at it. My wife even likes it and said she would gladly buy it for her own if I did the collision work on it. Guess we'll have to see what the cost is for it...

Thunder427
10-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Im in syracuse

sgshredder27
11-07-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm up here around the plattsburgh area.

Deep6
11-12-2005, 12:38 PM
We are definatly thinning out. I remember there were more of us a couple of years ago.

You probably won't see me because I haven't driven my SC since the summer time. Although Gas prices have come down somewhat, they are still to expensive to drive as a daily driver. I've been involved with other projects and so it's kinda taken a back burner. I'd like to bring it out next summer all done up though.

Chris89cougar
11-25-2005, 04:32 AM
I am also in Syracuse.

likuidphreon
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
I know I am resurecting a dead thread but I just got my '94 SC and I am in the Schenectady area.

trips94sc
02-25-2006, 08:03 PM
hey i got a supercoupe and i love it ... undergoing surgery right now... should be ready in a week.. all new motor ... my heads are done to the max new rods,pistons,crank, everything.. real hard to find parts but we found everything.cant wait to drive it for the money i got into it. i really saved alot of money workin at a shop .. front timin cover cost me 200. thats nuts!!but i got it all for my motor.. need any intell let me know be more than happy to help out another s.c.

NY90RedSC
03-04-2006, 01:24 PM
I have seen a few SC's sitting on the sides of garages and houses over the winter in the Albany area. Seen a couple of wrecked ones too. :(
Hopefully when the weather breaks we can all get together and have a get together of some sort. It's always slow in thw winter time up in these parts in terms of collector car get togethers. I look forward to meeting some fellow SC'ers this year as the weather warms up!

Gerry Rider
03-04-2006, 06:25 PM
I recently got an '89 SC and have started restoring. Live in Delaware county. no one ekse close to here.

Deep6
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I'll betcha probably saw mine sitting next to the house. Haven't moved it since December and haven't driven it since september.

Sad, sadder and saddest. I'm seriously thinking of taking it off the road for the summer and 07' winter. There is just too much that I need to repair on it and I simply don't have the time. PLus gas has been a killer. I can't use that care as a daily driver anymore.

I'm very sad and depressed :(

Gerry Rider
03-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Yes that is very sad. My '89 is also off the road for a while. Installing new brakes to get by NYS inspection. I had a new SC in '95 which I never really got over and this fueled the '89 restoration project. I love them, but their not easy.
Gerry

Deep6
03-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Well it's official, I took it off the road. I turned the plates in and I've just got comprehensive insurance on it right now. Just in case a tree falls on it, that kind of thing.

Since I'm in the new house, much of my time (and money) has been going for little fix-em' up projects here and there.

So there is very little money left over for the rehabilitation of the Bird. PLus my workhorse/beater Saturn is starting to give me problems, so cash and time needs to go into that car first in order to make sure that I have a daily driver. That little beater is 13 years old and has 207,000 on the clock.

But back to the bird, there are lots of things that It needs, like better brakes, shocks struts, diff seals to be replaced and maybe a new clutch/syncros etc.

Gerry Rider
03-26-2006, 11:29 PM
That happens to most people at some time or other. I'm really glad those days for mr are past. 3 wives, 2 kids and 4 new houses built are enough. My God, no wonder I feel old sometimes !!!! So, just enjoy when you can. Being retired now, I have time to work an SC and enjoy it, if it would only stay warm for a while. Sounds like you may have coaxed all the life out of the Saturn. I drive trucks now Ford Explorers, because they seem to take more of a beating and keep running than cars do. Anyway, best of luck with the Saturn and things may turn so you get the SC back on the road this summer.
Gerry

Deep6
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Nah I don't think I'd be able to do it this summer. Perhaps next summer though.

Darn, and I even got the Carlisle information in the mail. I'm sure kicking myself for missing out again. It would have been nice to just drive down in the beater Saturn, just to be around all of the birds again and all the club members would have been cool. I would have even brewed up some beer for everyone!!! I've got the whole 5 gallon setup. That would have been 2 cases of premium, thirst quenching, microbrew quality ale we'd be sipping. Oh well. Maybe another year.

I barely even come to this site anymore. It's so sad. I can't afford the old bird to drive it around with $3.00/gallon gas. At this point in my life, it's become a hobby/toy. A very expensive one at that too.

I'll keep coaxing as much life outta that Saturn as I can. It's not in too bad shape. Engine uses a little oil, but runs like a top otherwise. Transmission works, it sometimes shifts harshly. Rides ok since I got some cheapo tires for it. Stops ok since I replaced rotors, pads, drums and shoes 2 years ago. Even the A/C still works. I had the alternator replaced since it crapped out on me in the middle of january. Now the exhaust on the car is falling apart. Not sure if I want to keep fixing it or just buy a whole replacement. Heh heh, it's such a beater, I'll keep using patch kits and replacement pipes to make it work!!

Deep6
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Nah I don't think I'd be able to do it this summer. Perhaps next summer though.

Darn, and I even got the Carlisle information in the mail. I'm sure kicking myself for missing out again. It would have been nice to just drive down in the beater Saturn, just to be around all of the birds again and all the club members would have been cool. I would have even brewed up some beer for everyone!!! I've got the whole 5 gallon setup. That would have been 2 cases of premium, thirst quenching, microbrew quality ale we'd be sipping. Oh well. Maybe another year.

I barely even come to this site anymore. It's so sad. I can't afford the old bird to drive it around with $3.00/gallon gas. At this point in my life, it's become a hobby/toy. A very expensive one at that too.

I'll keep coaxing as much life outta that Saturn as I can. It's not in too bad shape. Engine uses a little oil, but runs like a top otherwise. Transmission works, it sometimes shifts harshly. Rides ok since I got some cheapo tires for it. Stops ok since I replaced rotors, pads, drums and shoes 2 years ago. Even the A/C still works. I had the alternator replaced since it crapped out on me in the middle of january. Now the exhaust on the car is falling apart. Not sure if I want to keep fixing it or just buy a whole replacement. Heh heh, it's such a beater, I'll keep using patch kits and replacement pipes to make it work!!

NY90RedSC
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean about the expense of driving the SC's. I haven't driven my SC much at all as of late. Unfortunately I was forced to drive it during the winter months and that has totally pissed me off.:mad:
I am going to redo the paint job on this car and will be swapping the transmission out or getting it rebuilt over the summer and fall too. I doubt very much this car will be seeing much road travel the rest of this year as well simply because I don't want to tack all the miles on it with my job and so forth. I just picked up a 1993 Chevy Lumina Z34 for my job and will be using that more than anything I think at this point.
I will try to frequent the car shows and see if any other SC's show up, but they very rarely make an appearance on the showgrounds, only in the parking lots. :confused:
Oh well...good luck to one and all with your restorations and projects. ;)

Rob
05-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Anyone going to make the trip to Carisle in June? I'll be heading down on Friday June 2nd. Are you up for it Brian? I'm in Gloversville

Deep6
05-16-2006, 08:06 PM
This will be the 3rd year that I have missed out on. I kept on promising that I would fix things up on my car but everytime I turned around, there wasn't enough time or there wasn't enough money.

I'm going to miss out again. Hell, I'd drive the damn beater on down there if I could free myself up to do it....:(

Rob
05-17-2006, 11:55 AM
What parts do you need to fix it up, I have some parts here let me know I'm fairly local Thanks, Rob

Deep6
05-22-2006, 08:36 PM
But I don't seem to have the $$ or the time anymore.
I'd probably start with the shocks/struts to replace with the KONI units and go from there. My clutch and flywheel are very grabby/chattery and it's a ~~~~. I'd figure, while I have the trans out, I might as well rebuilt it...

The list goes on from there, but I'd like things to run on it the way I'd like.

One day. Maybe when I get a job with the state or something! :D

jts89tbsc
08-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey,
I don't know if your still checking your responses, but I'm an old streetrodder up here,
I have my first SC `89 just picked it up for a song, he literally paid me, I need to do some work, like head gaskets & there is an oil leak near the filter I have to track down,
But it isn't to bad, let me know if your around or anything we can get them together for a laugh or something LOL JT

f2tmx6
06-17-2007, 12:40 AM
old thread revival...i'm in oneonta new york..and i saw a red 89-93 sc w/ a supercoupe decal on the side...anyone here?

Gerry Rider
06-17-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm in Delhi, with a red '89.
Gerry

f2tmx6
06-17-2007, 06:23 PM
nice..mine's two toned,silver and dark gray(gunmetal)

Rob
06-17-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm driving a 89 white and dark blue almost purple 5 speed from Gloversville to Albany everyday, and a few spare supercoupes in my backyard. Rob

NY90RedSC
06-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I've found another SC and will probably check into it this week. I miss my old one, that's for sure, but I don't want to buy one just to buy it. I know the headaches that come with these cars, especially when they haven't been taken care of. This car is sitting in the weeds and looks like it's been there for quite some time. But, with gas at $3.37 a gallon for 93 octane, I'm not sure I could even afford to drive the thing if I did buy it...:(

Rob
06-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm running about 600 miles per week on my S/C, and even at 3.29 for super it's cheaper than my 01 ranger and a lot more fun to drive.

f2tmx6
06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
i stlll take the bus most days. i've found that if i shift at 2200 rpm's and never get into boost i can squeeze 25mpg out of it doing city/country driving..and slightly more on the highway. it takes all the fun out of the car..but i'll live w/it

Deep6
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Heh, Mine is still sitting in the weeds. I haven't had much time or money for it. The other day I looked at the roof and saw some oxidized paint. Great. Even when I'm not driving it, it's still breaking down.

Yeah Gas is a Biznitch lately and that is the reason why I took the bird off the road like 2 years ago. Right after hurricane Katrina hit and the gas prices started soaring.

When I was driving my car around I would shift around 1800-2000rpm and NEVER go into boost. I would let that needle go right up to "0" on the boost guage but never into the boost zone.

Yeah the car was a dog but I would get around 18mpg maybe 19mpg doing city driving and 25-26mpg on the highway. The worst I ever did was 16mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway.

I was working at my other job and I spied a White Sc 89-93 Model tooling around Lansingburg (Troy) area. Looked nice. It was coming out of the Nursing home "Northwoods of Troy". I wanted to catch up to him and tell him about the club but never got the chance.

If any of you get the chance and are in the capital region, Stop by "Metro Ford" in Schenectady. There is a SC mechanic there Named Eric Pasko who owns an SC himself and knows these cars well. I haven't spoke to him in a while but I'm pretty sure that he still works there Mon-Fri 9-5.

NY90RedSC
06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Eric is still at Metro Ford. He is definitely one of the most knowlegeable guys when it comes to the SC's, that's for sure.

Deep6
06-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that he's still there. Definatly knows his stuff. He had me hollow out my cats right there in the shop at like 12midnight in exchange for a 6 pack of Home brew. :D

Ifi get my Birdie back on the road, I may bring it over to him again to take car of some stuff just because I don't have the time to do it myself....

Rob
07-09-2007, 09:10 PM
There is a Mustang and Ford car show in Kingston this weekend July 14th, Anyone who wants to ride down the Adirondack Mustang and Shelby club is meeting at the New Baltimore rest area (east bound) at 8 am.

NY90RedSC
07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I would go but I'm heading out to the Oswego area to pick up another SC. You wouldn't happen to have an AOD for a 90 SC would you Rob?

BA'sQuick6
07-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm located in shortsville ny, right near rocherster. (93,Titanium,Auto)

Drozz30
07-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Im from Wolcott NY about half way between Rochester and Syracuse

Aumick1
07-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Pine City ny here