stumped agian

T@Sound-Xtreme

OK guys heres whats going on.

I think my car is running rich, but i have no idea, the exhaust smells like fuel, it trips over it itself with anything over 3/4 throttle, just studers. lets say im going 30 mph, and i give it some gas, it studers, liek it floods with gas, and then burns it off, and goes. The boost is just not there when i punch it. When i go in reverse it does the same thing, go a little bit then let off the gas, and give it some more, and it studders. I jsut replaced my fuel filter tonight becasue i thought thats what it may be.

Heres my setup:
56,000 Miles on engine
03 stang tranny
new plugs/wires
new fuel/air filters

I dont know what to guess next. Anybody know how to fix it? Im sure its something to do with gas, but thats just me.

Is there anyone(someone that knows alot) near me that i can come meet, or they can come here?If not im afraid I'll have to wait till easter and drive all the way till Ohio and have Dave D, or someone else in ohio(seems to be alot of smart SC'rs up there) look at it.
I have a video of the exhaust i can post it up if anyone thinks it will help.

Tyler

What part of Ohio do you live in or are you in North Carolina right now?

One thing you may want to look into is your O2 sensors. They could be bad. One other thing that comes to mind is plugs and wires. Good luck!

Shane

out on a limb ..but check your connections.. between your MAF and thottle body for leaks ....now on the otherside thottle body ..is your vacume at idle normal 19-20 range with A/C off ?....dave

I can't tell you the times I have had issues with wires and plugs doing this to me. It never hurts to check them out and make sure they are in OK. Yeah, it may sound stupid, but it's worth a look.

When and exactly how did all of this come about?

Skip

Its been likd this since i put the new engine in, i ahvnt drove the car much at all, less than 200 miles since install, and it has done it since day 1.

I might try the 02 sensor thing but its $70 bucks, is there anyway to test my old one? Will Autozone let me return the 02 sensor if thats not the problem? My gut says they wil not let me return it.

My vac is at about 15-19 idle with no ac on.

Tyler

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
I might try the 02 sensor thing but its $70 bucks, is there anyway to test my old one? Will Autozone let me return the 02 sensor if thats not the problem? My gut says they wil not let me return it.

Tyler

You could try but if they know that they have been installed already than No. Good luck!

Shane

EEC-IV and Fuel Trim Adaptive Stragities

Your EEC is using a fuel trim based upon the old engine and it's problems that are now not present with the new rebuild, at least mechanically within the engine. If your TPS reads proper voltage in its resting positon and scales up smoothly when rotated fully open, then the contacts are good. If not, adjust the TPS (if possible) to normal range. If at normal starting and ending range for voltage, then do a KOER test and pull the codes. Use any codes you may get to help further troubleshoot the problem. I can't understate how helpful getting the assistance of www.alldatadiy.com when working on your own car. It will tell you everything you need to know on how to do stuff. Problem is you have to have a good idea on what you need to test. The codes will help with this. If you pull no codes, which is most unlikely given the situation of the exhaust gases, then you have to take an inventory of the components used on your engine, and see what is modified from stock. Once you know what is different, then you can figure out what will need to be done to accomodate the mod.

Tyler, is there anywhere in your area you can go and get codes pulled? I think some Autozones do it for the bubble.

Did you check the order of the wires on your coil pack yet?

HAh!

Well last night i was talking to a good friend of mine, and he says he go to Autozone get some electrical cleaner and clean your MAF, so i know hes from Jersey and all, but i did as he wished and what do ya know, FIXED! Just like that, i do however have a slight studder under constant load, not under wot anymore, im going to say thats from my newly aquired hole in the exhaust :mad:

so im going to get that fixed today or tomorrow, then ill go from there, but %75 of the problem is fixed.

To learn more about my friend see thread entitled"renting out my mechanic" in the non-tech forum

Tyler

Back