five speed manual trans, is it a world class T-5?

snipescastle2

Hey Guys, just curious is the 5 Speed manual trans in a 1989 SC T-Bird a "World Class" T-5? I found a 89' SC at a local salvage yard here in Hawaii and want the trans for a Factory five racing Cobra project, don't know what the tag on the case reads, but I will see tomorrow when I go back for it.
Any Help would be appreciated!
Ben Smith :D

snipescastle2 said:
Hey Guys, just curious is the 5 Speed manual trans in a 1989 SC T-Bird a "World Class" T-5? I found a 89' SC at a local salvage yard here in Hawaii and want the trans for a Factory five racing Cobra project, don't know what the tag on the case reads, but I will see tomorrow when I go back for it.
Any Help would be appreciated!
Ben Smith :D

The trans in the 89 Sc and i believe all sc the 5 speed atleast is an M5R2.

The M5R2 is a Mazda truck transmission... It was the only 5-speed the Ford guys could find that could handle the 315-330 lb-ft of torque.

Thanks for the Info guys!

I was all about grabbing the five speed, but I need a world class T-5 for what I am doing. Thanks again!
Ben Smith
p.s anyone need any parts? I can get things cheap, although shipping might be a bit expensive from Hawaii! :D I just paid $125.00 for the entire IRS rear from a SC T-Bird! :D !!!!!!

Back