New modification!

Boostman23

this will increase my overall performance dont you think!

car1.JPG

Damn tailgaters!

Ouch, jeezus christ dude

Say you got whiplash, get some money from them, teach them not to tailgate

wow

That really is unfortunate. It seems these cars are notorius for being tailgated... I can drive my Wrangler and they stay maybe 2 car lengths back. Not as far as they should, but ok if they pay attn. In my SC, nearly every car on the road will tailgate so close I can't even see their headlights, even when I am 10 over the speed limit! Unfortunatley so many are poor drivers that if you do hit the brakes, they will most likely hit you. Perhaps its time police pay more attn to tailgating.

Arghh!!!! I HATE to see pictures like this!... makes me wanna cry. I don't know why, it just does. Funny, but I could look at wrecked Mustangs all day long (when I owned one), but not SC's!
It seems these cars are notorious for being tailgated...
Geeze, I thought it was just me! I get tailgated ALL THE TIME! (it really pisses me off too)

I have also been plagued with what I call "followers"... guys who just ride behind me at some insanely short distance no matter what speed I'm traveling. It could be a multiple-lane road with no one on it but me, but they STILL won't pass!

I have occasionally resorted to drastic measures JUST to get rid of these types (like a last second turn or sneaking through a late yellow light), but even this is not always successful. Speeding up is useless for the most part because they eventually catch up after you have "dropped out of warp"! :D

What IS IT about these cars that illicits this kind of behavior? :confused:

is the insurance company going to pay to fix the car? if so i have a trunk lid and tail lights i could sell you. let me know if you need anything.

thanks for all the concerns. I have some minor back pain, and will be going to the doctors soon!

danekejt:

opportunity knocks!

How to get rid of tailgaters....

slow down. they don't mind going faster, but slow will just piss hem off. Here is my "patented" technique:

Slow to half the limit (20 in a 40), and stay towards the left so they don't have a good look at passing. Floor it and get up to 1.5 times the limit (60 in a 40) then back off so that by the time they catch upto you, you are doing the limit. If they continue to tailgate, repeat.

If they do not pass you or stay back aways by the third time, slow and motion for them to pass. Once they get even with you accelerate so they are stuck in the other lane. The finger or other gesture is approprite. Then brake to let them pass.

It's good to go to the doc, pain can stay dorment for weeks until you stretch in just the right way and then you've got a pinched nerve.

lol. I agree with that procedure, and it is about what I usually do. Slowing down to much less than the limit, then accelerating. Every once in a while fast braking works, but usually they stay right with you, and cause what happened here. The correct procedure seems to vary with the type of vehicle tailgating. As for back pain.. I was once rear ended in a '92 Subaru Loyale by an f150. I was painless for about 6 months, now it is chronic and probably unrepairable. That was 5 years ago. By assesing the damage, I am guessing you were hit at 40 +, like I was. Physical therapy is most certainly in order in this case, and usually the only way to prevent chronic problems. Goodluck...

Sorry to see that man. Pisses you off when its not your fault. Don't worry I know the feeling I've been rear ended in my XR7, and I reciently wrecked it into a concrete guard rail. (wet road, interstate on ramp, curve...you guess the rest) $5,000 worth of front end body and some suspension damage. Motors OK though. I'm going to have it fixed and be back on the road like new again. I'll try and get some pics of the damage on the site later, I promis you'll feel real good about your car after you've seen mine. Good luck with gettin her fixed up. Hell sue the moron and by yourself a new Cobra and keep the SC too. Good Luck!

Rob,

Bummer...Sorry to see your car got crunched, hope you and Cortney are still planning to attend the TBU meet next week. Did you have a chance to try that other mod we were talking about ?

David

Well I see that there is 7 SWB birds now LOL.
Sorry to see you cars hurt I hope nobody was hurt, the car can be fixed.:(

the car has been totaled by the insurance company. What I need now is to find some listings of 35ths so they do not screw me on the value of it.

I will be retaining the car, which is a plus. So I guess it is time to do some SC hunting!

Thanks for all the concerns guys, hopefully I have a new sc before the Nationals! I would hate to show up at it without one since I set it up, well I guess I could always bring the Stealth RT/TT to give everyone a run for there money!

Adjuster estimated over $6k in damages I will post another pic of it later with the rear quater panel damage, it basically crinkled it all up. I hope that is all it will cost to repair it, but I think it will be more.

I would say trunk lid $50, taillights, $75, rear bumper $200, exhaust, $200, rear quarter, $200, paint $800 or so

I guess it is suppose to have a small dimple in the right rail, but that is supposed to be cheaper to fix then the quater panel.

Back