o2 sensor swap fixed my idle

specops_SC

today i finished up the first part of my tune up. shocks, struts, brakes all around, fuel filter, oil, oil filter, and of course, o2 sensors. the rear brakes were completely gone and the rear right caliper pins were seized. fixed everything up and its amazing how much better the car stops now. but anyways, since ive had the car the idle has always had a very slight but noticeable stumble/miss to it. you could hear it almost backfire and it really pist me off. got some new o2 sensors put in there and the idle is perfect now. the driver side sensor was such a pain. i had to retap the hole in the manifold because the threads were all chewed up. so if anyone else is having a little bit of a stumble at idle, dont let the o2 sensors get past your search. i thought it was a vacuum leak but i hadnt had any luck finding it. i can see why now. next weekend, shift kit and 4 wheel aligment. hope this helps someone.

Moses

Hey man great to hear you got her fixed. Well how much do new o2's cost and what ones did you use. Thanx

chadder1313 said:
Hey man great to hear you got her fixed. Well how much do new o2's cost and what ones did you use. Thanx

hey there. i got a pair of new o2's from o'reilly's for a little over 80 bucks. they were bosch sensors with the 8 inch leads. its so smooth now. i can hardly believe it... :D

Moses

Back