PDA

View Full Version : How much for a one-owner 90 SC?

Sam
02-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Would appreciate if you 'experts' would tell me how much I can reasonably expect for my original owned 1990 SC with 92K miles?

Titanium with back leather interior. Includes JBL sound system. Original owner, original body, no dings,dents or rust. the finish is still awesome. Car sleeps in a garage every night

Re-man engine
Re-man Ford Tranny AOD
New Ford Engine mounts (2 months old)
New Radiator
New water pump
New Oil cooler assembly
New power steering cooler assembly
New brakes all around
2-yr.old crank sensor
New Oil Pressure sender switch
New Idle control sensor assembly
New speed sensor
New struts front
New brake control module
New Brake accumulator and switch
New Sub-woofer
Clarion 12-CD changer (trunk mounted)
Clarion AM/FM, Cassette, CD player with remote
Auto alarm with ignition disabler

Everything works great, car has never been in an accident. Due to road debris damage, the from bumper cover has cracks in it and will need to be replaced eventually. Interior is like new. I maintain this car meticulously.
Considering new everyday car but want to get an idea of what I could get for my baby. Thanks folks

All work and parts by Ford Dealer

SilverCasket
02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd say you shouldn't have a problem getting $2500. ... And if your cool holding on to it for awhile, you may get upto $3000. But that's pushing it.

I'm sure you put thousands into it. .. And that suucks, but the truth is, you replaced the engine & trans because they were no good. And at 92k miles, that isn't a good sign. .. I paid $3500k for my car from an old lady whose husband died. And they were original owners. .. It had 60k miles. But it had no problems during it's years, which made it worth paying so much for.

And the only reason I think you'll get as much as 3k for yours if you hold out for it is because you can always say, "it doesn't have many miles on the new drive train, so that's a Plus!" ... But the truth is, if you tried to sell it with a bad engine & trans, it's probably not worth more than a couple hundred bucks. ... If that. ....

I dealt with ever part on these cars and am telling you that I KNOW that even through I've got about 40k into my car. .... I'd be lucky to get 25% of that back if I sold it. And it's probably the fastest SC in NJ. .. Talk about no return. ... So, good luck & be realistic, you're not going to get back what you put in.

Anthony

8ate8
02-08-2005, 08:15 PM
And it's probably the fastest SC in NJ.

not for long ;) lol

i think it's worth $3K. probably not more than that, but i think you could easily get the 3K

SilverCasket
02-09-2005, 09:07 AM
not for long lol

At's Ma Boy! BRING IT! ... "Hi-Jacking" - Want to goto E-Town on the 26th? They'll be open! I think I'm heading there at 9am. Wanna break it while it's still light out! Break it into the 11's that is! :p

Anthony

8ate8
02-09-2005, 07:16 PM
if i get my fuel pump in by then :D *runs away*