Dis

Kirk Bryan

Hey guys,
Well I just (Tuesday actually) noticed that 2 of my Magnecor spark plug boots are split exposing the contacts. It doesn't seem like they were rubbing on anything, they just plainly split. I took the wires completly off and noticed that 5 out of the 6 DIS boots have the nice clear blue dielectric grease and the 6th one has some crunchy yellow crap with dirt in there. Does anyone know what this possibly could be? Has anyone had to return wire to Magnecor? Please contact me or post here if you have and let me know what the steps were.

Thanks alot guys.

Kirk,

I have no clue. Have you tried cleaning the boot out and reinstalling the wires with the dielectric grease in all boots?

Cheers,

Sean

Kirk, could a wire with excessive resistance be causing that build-up maybe ?

You coming out Wednesday to Scarborough or no ?

cheers
Ed N.

I have no idea what could be causing it. I guess I have to clean everything, get another set of wires and try it again. How much are a set of wires Ed?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it yet, but if I do, it won't be in the 'bird :(. Once things lighten up for me, I'll be out to all of them.

Last edited:
Kirk, I'm just at home checking this now, but off the top of my head a set of Motorcraft wires are like $65.00 the last time I checked. I can verify that tomorrow and let you know.

The reason I was asking if you're coming out to the meet or not, other than wanting to see your smiling face, is if you are going to be there for sure I'll bring my SC. The exhaust is falling off the poor thing, I may be able to do a temporary patch job to make it through the week until I can get over to Master Performance Exhaust in Brampton to have some nice stuff put on from behind the res. to the back of the car.

cheers
Ed N.

Back