Interested in a Turbo Forum???

I know this is a most unusual request, but with the Turbo cars on the way I am wondering how to ask for an additional Forum. We could call it "Turbo Talk". What do you guys think? :confused:

dirtybird x said:
Not a bad idea, turbos are fun too. :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

Yeah, I just know that some people are going to be working on different projects between the two power adders. I think it would be benificial if we had a board where we could concentrate on a specific goal with people that share the same interest. :)

After everything you have been thru of couse my brother. If we sort of named it after you we could call it " TALK DIRTY TO ME" I had a much better one but that would probably take it off and yell at me. How about, " WANTA SEE MY WIERD BIG BLOWER" I reaally should quit driving a truck and do comedy. Time to take anothe of the nice pills the Dentist gave me.

tim said:
After everything you have been thru of couse my brother. If we sort of named it after you we could call it " TALK DIRTY TO ME" I had a much better one but that would probably take it off and yell at me. How about, " WANTA SEE MY WIERD BIG BLOWER" I reaally should quit driving a truck and do comedy. Time to take anothe of the nice pills the Dentist gave me.

LOL Tim! You have me in stitches Dude! :D

I just checked out other sites like the Pontiac GTP site, and TCCOA. They both have "turbo" forums, and I thought it might be cool around here too. :)

Of course it is! Turbos are cool to, we are either going to go foward or die out So GO!! Have you ever had chocolate ice cream with butter scotch syrup? Man it sure make the keys sticky.

Frank if you will go to my thread on the Cometic HG's and help make them happen I'll support your turbo section reqeust. ;)

Can I be Frank with you, oh wait, that's your job. :D As things progress with your car and David's too, seems it would be fair to have a section for turbo related issues. I'm not saying either of you will have issues, but something tells me because of the car it is, there's a good chance of it.

Maybe you should do a poll. :D Might get the MODS attention. Good luck on it. You have my support, if you can support me with my project. :eek:

NCredSC said:
Can I be Frank with you, oh wait, that's your job. :D As things progress with your car and David's too, seems it would be fair to have a section for turbo related issues. I'm not saying either of you will have issues, but something tells me because of the car it is, there's a good chance of it.

Maybe you should do a poll. :D Might get the MODS attention. Good luck on it. You have my support, if you can support me with my project. :eek:

Man if there is one thing you can definately depend on it will be my support! :cool:
What project are you going to pursue???? :confused:

I want to take a Cessna 172 pull the wimpy engine out of it and put a turbo S.C. motor in it. 100 mph. is a drag. I wonder if you could get it to go like 150 or would the wings come off? Frank you want to go for the first test flight? I know a S.C. guy in New Mexico that could probably do the conversion. Its to cold to work on the car and I dont have any parts so wierd ideas come into my feible mind. :eek: :eek:

tim said:
I want to take a Cessna 172 pull the wimpy engine out of it and put a turbo S.C. motor in it. 100 mph. is a drag. I wonder if you could get it to go like 150 or would the wings come off? Frank you want to go for the first test flight? I know a S.C. guy in New Mexico that could probably do the conversion. Its to cold to work on the car and I dont have any parts so wierd ideas come into my feible mind. :eek: :eek:

Hehe! Tim you really have some wild ideas! I think I will wait a while on that test flight though! :D

Tim the SC engine has been put in a few planes already.
There's also at least 1 plane that I know of that has a Harley Davidson twin cam motor for a powerplant.

Frank,

An "alternative power adder" forum might go over better. It could include all types of alternatives or additions to the M90.

Turbos, Whipples, ARs, Nitrous, M112s just for starters.

David

Frank I havent noticed your participation over in the Cometic HG thread.
YOU PROMISED!!!!!!!!

I now feel its my duty as a loyal SC (Super Charger) fan to totaly derail this thread and destroy any chances of you getting a turbo forum.
I'm sorry to have to do this David because it will affect you as well since you are getting a turbo too. You have stepped up to the plate and helped with the gaskets David but Frank is being a deadbeat!!!!! This is all franks fault David so feel free to abuse him as you will.
Frank welcomed and enjoyed my full support of his turbo project back when most everybody wanted to string him up by little Frank. :eek:
Wheres the love Frank? :confused: I'm not feeling it!!!!! :(
Dont you realize how those gaskets could help your turbo motor Franky???
You just wait until I contact Manny....he'll invert your damned turbo for you. :eek:

Its really nice to know I am not the only wacko that posts here. I wouuld also add to the list sail, wind mill, so;ar panel booster and yes the ever popular electric supercharger. I am thinkin about getting one for the Crown Vic, I heard they work almost as good as a whipple and a lot better than a turbo.

Mike,

Here's something to show the people who don't think a turbo will spool up fast enough to compete with a supercharger.

This is the same size turbo I'm planning to use on my 347. With a 331 and similar heads he pulled 959 rwhp & 1023 rwtq at 25 psi. It a hybrid based on a Garrett GT42 76 that rated at 1200 HP. The guy said they had to let off the throttle because the dyno would apply the brakes if they exceeded 1000 rwhp. Not sure I believe that, but I do believe this turbo will be plenty to reach my measly 800 rwhp goal.

mot15px.jpg

mot5vi.jpg

williedyno9737ny.jpg

David

David I for one know that you are no dummy. I think if you wanted to the car you are building could put out at least 1000 hp. What m12 out there would stand up to that? What I mean is you will have the meanest baddest fastest S,C, in the entire country hands down. 9 seconds if you set it up for it 8 if you get really crazy with the chassis setup and all. There are Toyota Supras out there right now with 1000-1200 h.p. that turn high 6 all day, let them all keep wondering and doubting. I for one cant wait to see what this car will do. Let me know and I will be down there to see it run Saint Louis and Gateway are not that far. :eek:

Back