How Much Vacuum at idle?

NY90RedSC

How much vacuum should a 90 SC have at idle? I looked through the archives but didn't see any topics that might cover that...I was just curious..is it better to have more or less vacuum at idle? :confused:

Well i have a 92 and she pulls right around 18-19 at idle. I think thats what they are supposed to run at ldle. So what is your car pulling at idle?

My car's idling at 20. It's steady there too. For some reason I thought they pulled less at idle..like 14 or 15. I wasn't sure though. I just want to make sure she's running perfectly. GOD! i love that car. I don't want anything to happen to it and I want to make sure everything is 100% on her, you know?

Hey i understand. I dont want anything to happen to mine either. Well i heard 20 was fine so i wouldnt worry.

Cool..as long as it's tolerance...wish they had a book on SC's. It'd be real handy about now...

I haven't heard of any special idle vacuum readings for our cars. Gas engines in good condition are generaly a steady 18-22" of mercury. Automatics in park or drive would drop off to around 15-17".

Back