Anyone know what this sound is? clicking?

T-Tough

ok guys so when i bought my 1995 supercoupe it had a massive exhaust leak and badly clogged cats...so i replaced it all but there is still this clicking type noise whenever my boost pressure nears 0 or goes over 0...so basically as the supercharger kicks in the clicking gets louder...it is very faint prior to boost being present. I dont know if this is a problem with the supercharger that you guys would know? or just a problem when i pressurize the cylinders...i had my mechanic (also my father haha) tighen the exhaust manifolds and he said they were loose...but the sound is still there! PLEASE HELP! it drowns out that beautiful whining that our superchargers are known to make, what an injustice to sc power!

Sounds like an exhaust leak from the manifold. You can get some gaskets installed on there that will fix that problem. The biggest thing that happens is that the manifolds loosen up, then warp a little so you can't get them tight again. I'm willing to be that's you're problem. (I've had the same issue myself on my '89).

Yea...i was thinking about having my dad plane my manifolds...i wanna port them anyway so maybe ill just do it all at once and put on a gasket...hopefully thats the problem...

BUT...he did tighten them up and said that there was no longer and leak there...i suppose that he might have been mistaken but just incase, do you guys know of any other possible causes?

Check where the down pipes connect the studs have flat threads and easily strip or just rust away. The nut may not be able to bite enough anymore to tighten properly. :eek:

Could it be bad plug wires and your hearing the spark jumping to something in the engine compartment. Look in there one night when it's dark and your lights are off.

its not spark plugs...those are all set but thanx for the idea...i honestly am just so annoyed with the noise...does anyone know of a malfunction in the supercharger that could make such a noise? or anything? hahaha im out of ideas?!

Back