help me please> i am poor..

crzykyman

Okay so you looked.. now here is the question.. changed the cam shaft sensor.. just the sensor. not the shaft LOL... now car is doing the same thing. jumping tach , crappy idle.. and check engine light goes off and on. also . sometimes car runs fine. other times like crap. any ideas. remember , this car just had a starter, a seloniod , and a cd player, and a lot of foul language from me so i could bring it home. now it is doing this, any ideas?

Michael Mattix said:
Go to Autozone and get the continuous memory codes read for free. Then report back here.
they only do 96' and up... already called all in the neighborhood.

You'll then have to go and find where you can purchase a code reader. You could also loop a wire from one pin to the other (I don't know what pins, you could do a search to find out on here) and watch to see how many times the check engine light blinks and write it down. I have also read on here about doing the procedure using a paperclip. Just do a search for code reader/code reading/etc. and I'm sure you will find what you need. The code is the important thing. I bought my code reader from walmart. I looked the other day and it appeared that they didn't have them any more. It cost me 25 bucks and was worth every penny.

Replacing CPS Didn't Work?

Buy a Chiltons manual for the Thunderbirs, and read about how to pull the codes without a code reader. It's not that hard to do, but it does take some practice.

Go to WalMart and cough-up around $30 for the Actron code reader, for our OBD-1 cars. It's the only one that also reads the ABS system as well, so it's well worth the money.
A jumping tack on 89-93 SC's would tend to indicate a bad cam sensor AND it would be code '214' on later 94-95 models. However when you changed the cam sensor top (transducer) did you see and clean any debris or alum. oxydation inside, because that can also foul the signal. I believe hard starting would be more indicative of a bad crank sensor.

Back