newbie Sc owner: supercharger question

Its a special turbine oil. Best bet if you need some is to go to your local gm dealer and get a bottle from them. Tell them its for a 98 GTP. Mucho cheaper
Only remove the filler plug from a cold supercharger and fill to the bottom of the threads.

synthetic supercharger fluid

The fluid you buy at Ford is Synthetic, last bottle I bought was about $20 but you don't really go through it that fast so it's not as expensive as it sounds. I have been told (but have not verified myself) that the GM fluid is not synthetic and that's why it's cheaper. Since the Pontiac uses basically the same supercharger as the SC it makes sense it would work, but if it is in fact not a synthetic fluid then that would explain the price difference (and also justify paying more for the ford fluid in my opinion). Just something to check out - - I'm sometimes too picky about these things - - I work at a GM dealer but I still went to ford and got the 'right' fluid just to be safe.

BP 2380 turbine oil will cost you around $14 shipped for a whole quart which is more than sufficient for flushing and refilling the supercharger and not just topping it off.
It is sold at http://www.oil-store.com/
Choose "Aviation", then "BP Turbine Oils", and then "BP Turbo Oil 2380 - 1Qt".

Back