Could I Kill A 00 Eclipse?

94SCBird

Could I Kill A 97 Eclipse?

I Have A 1994 Thunderbird SC 5spd, Only Mods I Have Are: Cat Back System And K&N Intake. So Basically Stock.
Could I Beat A 1997 Mits. Eclipse Auto? Bone Stock, Im Jus Woundering Before I Ask Him To Race, Cuz It'll Be My First Straight Race Kill And I Dont Wanna Lose, And Look Like A Dick lol

Lemme Know!

Thanks Keith

I Was Talkin To His Sister, And She Said She Didn't Think It Was A Gt and Neither Did Her Dad, So I Doubt Its A V6, I Jus Wanna Be There To See Him Cry When He Gets Smoked! :)

Last edited:
you should whoop his *** easily....let us know how it goes!

btw, how you doing 89importeater....Jake is taken his autorotor SC down to bradenton and im going...you should head down there to

If the Eclipse is a "GT"(not sure if these came w/ autos are not..they have the V6 engine), then it's capable of low-mid 15's stock, probably closer to mid 15's with the auto. Should be a decent match up for an SC. If it's an Eclipse with the inline 4cyl, you should really put some lengths on it.

You'll be fine, I know they made a turbo eclipse for a few years that'll give you a run for you money, but I don't think they had them in 2000, the turbo was in the old body style, I think the 2000 is the current style one right?

bman1985 said:
You'll be fine, I know they made a turbo eclipse for a few years that'll give you a run for you money, but I don't think they had them in 2000, the turbo was in the old body style, I think the 2000 is the current style one right?

Did you skip over my post? The 2000 naturally aspirated(aka NO turbo) V6's are a good match for a stock SC in the 1/4 mile. Gotta give credit where it's due.

94SCBird said:
I Have A 1994 Thunderbird SC 5spd, Only Mods I Have Are: Cat Back System And K&N Intake. So Basically Stock.
Could I Beat A 2000 Mits. Eclipse Auto? Bone Stock, Im Jus Woundering Before I Ask Him To Race, Cuz It'll Be My First Straight Race Kill And I Dont Wanna Lose, And Look Like A Dick lol

Lemme Know!

Thanks Keith

Ooo I Forgot To Mention, That Its RED.... Jus Figured I'd Add That Some Ricer's Apperently Think It Goes Faster If Its Red, I Honestly Think It Makes It Look Like There Wearin There Panties On The Outside, I Guess It Makes It More Stream-line Or somethin, Honestly I Think They've Been Breathin In To Many Soy Sauce Fumes. :)

if its a 97 then there is no v6 option. what you need to worry about is a GS-T or a GSX turbo 4s the X being AWD and T being FWD. Other than that i wouldn't say you'd have a problem.

It says '00 in the header, but then it says it's a '97. If it's a '97 non-turbo car, you'll walk all over him, my 4.6 car almost bone stock would walk all over the non-turbo eclipses.

If he has yellow stickers, you'll lose. That's a double threat-they're stickers AND they're yellow. They're good for at least 40 at the wheels. Each. ;)

hmm..

My friend owns a 00 Eclipse GT 5-speed. They ARE fast and they could potentially beat a stock SC. I seen some run 15.2's - 15.6's at the track that were stock in the 92ish range. Matter a fact, last summer I raced him from a 45 roll, and I just coudln't stop his pull. Though it was warm, im not sure if it woulda made a differnce. From a stop though, the torque owned him. I do have a 10% pulley, exhaust, ported manifolds, and cold air intake. He may overtake you eventually, they rev high and make all there power up top. Like a SHO. Or maybe my friends is just a freak. If its an auto though you'll whoop him.

im not really good on SC knowldge....but i thought that SC's ran in the low 15's stock...so whats the problem? I know that my cat runs 15.2 in the 1/4...and my friends 01 eclipse gt 5-speed cant stick with me after 2nd gear....and i have a modded v-8, in my opinion...they should have upgrated to the v6 turbo...because there not all that fast...if you where in it with a new altma...heh...id say good luck..and hope your airfilter dont stop up from all his dust....

Back