Spec clutch

Tony8470

So I just got done putting in my stage 2, and it came with a pilot "bushing". I decided that I would install that with some high temp grease and see how it fares. But as I recall last winter when I put my new stock clutch in the tranny just slipped right onto the block. This year with the stage 2 I had to bolt it down to the block with about 3/4" space inbetween before bolting it down. Is this becase the pressure plate is stonger?

I think i spent about an hour getting my motor to line up with my transmission. It's a pain in the (____) getting it to line up. Odds are you probably pushed in the pilotbearing last time when you bolted the motor to the trans. or vise versa. I opted for the needle bearing from Autozone. It's around 12 bucks. I heard that the solid copper ones can get sticky over time, making it hard to put the car into first at a stop light. because the input shaft thing is still spinning and the gears/syncro's won't line up. I also heard that that solid ones are more used in trucks because they are Heavy-er-Duty-er-est whatever.

I have the spec stage II clutch as well, and when I put that on, I had the alignment pins/dowls just about touching the tranny. I know you don't want to hear this, but you may want to take the trans back down and check whether you've damaged that brass pilot bushing thing. sorry. :(

I dont think I did, I tapped it with a bronze rod and hammer, went right in flush with the outside. It was about touching the dowelpins but not enough that they were effective. I'm guessing it was just because it was a stonger pressure plate than stock?

Back