What is the other box in the trunk amp rack?

PearlBird

I cut that black amp rack outta my trunk to get more room for a speaker box. Is that other metal box up there the abs computer?

There is the Automatic Ride Control (ARC) computer and the ABS computer on the rack. The ABS computer is the one with the label "this side up" on the bottom side :rolleyes: It won't really fit with the label up due to the way the wiring harness is made, so I think they're all like that.

TbirdSCFan said:
There is the Automatic Ride Control (ARC) computer and the ABS computer on the rack. The ABS computer is the one with the label "this side up" on the bottom side :rolleyes: It won't really fit with the label up due to the way the wiring harness is made, so I think they're all like that.

So of the two items on that rack, one is the amp, and the other box is the abs computer and arc computer? From memory of last night, I remember it looking like a small box mounted to the biggermetal box. I'm guessing the small one is the arc and the big one the abs? Now I just gotta find a good place to mount that guy. I was thinking above the right rear fender well, were the carpet kinda hides that area. I'll have to fabricate a nifty bracket though. Thanks for the info!

The big silver module on the driver's side of the shelf is the ARC and variable assist steering computer. It is the same size as the EEC computer near the passenger footwell.
The smaller silver module in the middle of the shelf is the ABS computer (labelled "THIS SIDE UP" on the bottom as TbirdSCFan explained).
The black module on the right side of the shelf (just to the left of the subwoofer and subwoofer amp combo) is the radio amp.
Non-SC cars (no ARC) have a little black box stamped LECTRON for variable assist steering instead of the large silver one.

Back