Fords at Carlisle

Birdman93

Have a request that came down through ITC-Carlisle is setting up a display-Evolution of the Thunderbird-and we need representation from the Super Coupe community! As of yet we have NO Super Coupes in place, other than my 95 Auto. We need one car from each year-and we are also accepting special editions-so for 1990 you could see a V6, an Anniversary SC, and a standard SC.

Only stipulation is that they need to be stock or near stock in appearance & equipment.

I need to know if anyone is interested is displaying their car-contact me at
ttsona@mchsi.com

Pablo-they want Stock vehicles, restored OR UNRESTORED original cars-if you have a car that is original with damage or bad paint, you can dislpay it-this isn't about who has the prettiest car on the block, but gathering all 50 years of Thunderbirds for a once in a lifetime display.

All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA
Thunderbird 50th Anniversary Celebration
Evolution Display

To be in the Evolution display, the owner has to agree to have the car in place by 9:00 am Friday and the car HAS to be there for all 3 Days until 3:30 pm on Sunday and if the vehicle leaves the show field each day it has to be back by 8:00 am Saturday and 8:00 am Sunday! Each participant will receive a special participation shirt (there will be a participation form created which will be mailed to each participant). Vehicles in the Evolution Display will not be considered for class participant ballot awards! Vehicles in the display will be considered for celebrity pick awards! Participants will receive a special event participation gift related to the event! Owners will be recognized in the program.

You must still register and can use the ITC Registration form and please note on the form, that your car will be in the Evolution Display.

Owners of cars in the evolution display will receive their event entrance window decal in the mail prior to the event so there will be no formal registration at the gate as usual for these cars as they can go direct to the Evolution Display area!

Evolution Display Thunderbirds must be original non-modified cars either restored or un-restored original cars. No modified Thunderbirds are to be placed in the Evolution Display as requested by Carlisle!

I don’t think this has ever been accomplished so please consider adding your name to this list by contacting Don Holton directly for up to date availability by year as this will be 1st come 1st confirmed for entry e-mail: topsdown@holtononline.com or 607-734-5340 Please include owner information, year, unusual qualities, ie Special Edition…

Early Registration for both the Evolution Display and the normal display classes of $30.00 must be received by February 21, 2005:

Jim & Darlene Osowski
64 Ferris Street
South River NJ 08882-1840
732-432-6797
djtbird@msn.com

Evolution Display Registration After February 21, 2005 must be made directly with:

Carlisle Events
1000 Bryn Mawr Rd
Carlisle PA 17013
Fax 717-243-0255

Birdman93 said:
Pablo-they want Stock vehicles, restored OR UNRESTORED original cars-if you have a car that is original with damage or bad paint, you can dislpay it-this isn't about who has the prettiest car on the block, but gathering all 50 years of Thunderbirds for a once in a lifetime display.

Hmm... I dunno if it's "stock" enough. I could always put the stock airbox and foglamps back in, but the raised top, UD/OD pulleys, and the fan wiring kind of kill it.

Birdman...Sorry, you're SOL........

Nick Anzano from the North Jersey Thunderbird Organization is already filled in for the 95 spot with his V-8 Anny T-bird (40th anniversary).

Still looking for 1989-1993 and 1996.

Good luck...

Don

Stock '92

Well, I have a 1992 that's stock, all except the radio, if that counts. I wouldn't mind helping out here, but I'm pretty new to this club thing and car show thing and it would be my first time anywhere, let alone something the size of Carlisle.

I guess maybe I'm just a little hesitant because I don't know my way around yet.

Ira

No problem there big guy....we all started out here...

If your car is in nice shape, no aftermarket rims, and stock body, you're golden!!!!

For more details, call me at (973) 277-4294 and I'll give you the low-down of the whole thing.

Don

P.S. Carlisle is a great show!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! :)

lube70 said:
If your car is in nice shape, no aftermarket rims, and stock body, you're golden!!!!

For more details, call me at (973) 277-4294 and I'll give you the low-down of the whole thing.

Don

P.S. Carlisle is a great show!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! :)

I think it meets those requirements. But hey, I'm not completely unbiased here. ;)

Why don't you check out my member page and tell me what you think. The pictures are pretty current. She looks good, I think, but I don't want to embarass myself or any of the clubs I would be representing, I guess. That includes yours too, you know. Even though I'm not shown on the Souther NY section I did email something to someone some time ago. I'm registered under "justanotherSCowner", which I guess I should change.

Ira

Hey Guys, I have a 50,000 mi. all original teal 94 SC original paint and still have the window sticker also have a 35th but it has black leather and was going to put on wheels but could leave stock black ones if needed. Dan

No need for a 94-if the 90 has been switched to full black leather then it has been modified, and cannot be displayed at the Evolution display

I have an almost stock '93 5-spd.

I have an almost stock Twilight-Blue-Metalic-Clearcoat 1993 5-Spd. in excellent condition.

Mods:
Suspension Techniques 1.5'' lowering springs
Koni Shocks
Addco 1.25'' sway bars (front and rear)
Pontiac Air Dam
Modified Power-Steering Cooler (looks good though)
Dayco Belt-tensioner pulleys
Shortened A/C Condenser
Lightly tinted windows (all except windshield)
No insulation on underside of hood.

Cool Stuff:
Original window sticker
Original sound system (rebuilt woofer) w/ Ford Sampler CD (music sucks, but it sounds extra good on the JBL) and Factory CD case.
Original paint (few minor rock chips in hood, and a 1'' section flaked off extreem bottom of rear bumber.
Interior is in Brand New Condition!!! Cloth/Leather seats (black interior)
I would get new headlamps and corners for the show.
Stock Rims (99.9% perfect) with PERFECT center caps.
Brand new Air purge gasket (white thing on thermostat housing)

Well, that's my ride. You've got to see it to belive it. It's not a garage queen, so the engine bay is not in 100% magazine quality, but it's clean enough to eat off of. Well, I'd eat off of it. Everything works. Pick me. :D

Last edited:
MikeKanterakis said:
Yes, I'm in California, but if I was invited to be a part of the show, I'd be more than happy to show up and participate. :)
Mike, you should go regardless. I'll be driving my 93 out if you want to caravan.

Paul

Go for it Mike!

I don’t think this has ever been accomplished so please consider adding your name to this list by contacting Don Holton directly for up to date availability by year as this will be 1st come 1st confirmed for entry e-mail: topsdown@holtononline.com or 607-734-5340 Please include owner information, year, unusual qualities, ie Special Edition…

Early Registration for both the Evolution Display and the normal display classes of $30.00 must be received by February 21, 2005:

Jim & Darlene Osowski
64 Ferris Street
South River NJ 08882-1840
732-432-6797
djtbird@msn.com

Evolution Display Registration After February 21, 2005 must be made directly with:

Carlisle Events
1000 Bryn Mawr Rd
Carlisle PA 17013
Fax 717-243-0255

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. I really think it would be an awsome chance to be a part of the display. I sent an e-mail to Jim & Darlene Osowski, but I'm not sure if it went through. I got a few rejections from hotmail, but when I sent it via my Verizon account it didn't bounce back (well, not that I know of).

Paul, we'll be in touch. If this does happen on my end, we should definately cruize together. I'll bring some tools, you'll bring some tools, who know what will break between CA and PA??? :p

Gosh, the evolution display really sounds like a sight to behold. I really want to see it.

Back