t25 Turbo > In My SC w/current superchargers

Lvcien

I have an '92 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Turbo (t25) just sitting in my back yard (where the cougar used to be) -- and I was wondering if it's possible to pull it out, and somehow put it in my SC while keeping the supercharger, if so, lemme know and give me the steps please.

thanks
-Chad

darkstar_one said:
its possible... but good luck with the time and dinero it will take to do it...

Well as long as it's cheaper than a new turbo kit ,etc - I'll be fine :)

I have a DSM car as well. The T25 turbo is made by Garrett and is reffered to as "the T(too small)25. All of the guy's tinkering with those cars quickly ditched the T25 in favour of bigger and better turbo's. The T25 did'nt do too much for those 2 liter engines and I seariously doubt it would be noticed on the 3.8 that still has the blower on it.

If you want some good info look up the MK1 MR2's. HKS made a kit for the called the twin charger. It used the factory supercharger for the low end and the turbo for the top end.

The only thing about the engine was is that the SC had a clutch style pulley to shut it off when it was not needed. HKS somehow worked that in to there kit. Not quite sure how, lost all my research on it when my hard drive went on me last week. Otherwise I could send you the data the I hav found on the internet.

Hock said:
If you want some good info look up the MK1 MR2's. HKS made a kit for the called the twin charger. It used the factory supercharger for the low end and the turbo for the top end.

The only thing about the engine was is that the SC had a clutch style pulley to shut it off when it was not needed. HKS somehow worked that in to there kit. Not quite sure how, lost all my research on it when my hard drive went on me last week. Otherwise I could send you the data the I hav found on the internet.

maybe I could fine one in a junkyard and hope for the best?

I'm poor...

You would be lucky to find one of those in the junk yard. There are very few left and there wasn't that many kits built to start with.

I guess I should have said that HKS built a real limited amount of them. But with some hard and heavy research and real good patients you should be able to replicate the twin charger set up.

The other thing that was said is that it is a real pain to keep in tune, and tuning is the big thing in a setup like that. One little thing goes wrong and that could be it for the enigine.

Back