wondering if my SC will sell

cato

I have a 95 5-speed sc, I'm thinking of selling. its not a perfect car by any means, the paint has develolped an air bubble on the hood, and has typical scratches and what all around it. the interior is not perfect, but not bad either, no rips in the seats, and the carpet can be cleaned, it has 40th ann. floor mats. the engine sounds like its started knocking lately. I need to get 3000 for it.in the last year to year and a half it has a reman tranny from southern gear in georgia, spec stage 2 clutch, chrome 3" cold air intake, 255 lph fuel pump, b&m ripper shifter, solid motor mounts, new water pump, poly IRS bushings, a spec aluminum flywheel which is not installed, new cam and crank sensors, white face gauges. and maybe more that doesn't come to mind. its fairly loaded with a sunroof, keyless entry, alpine CD player, auto lights, 1/2 and 1/2 interior, grey. electric currant ext. would it actually sell for what I want for it or would I be best off parting it to get what I want for it.

With out seeing pics and knowing milage, we are all just guessing for you. IMHO, even with it being a 95 5spd car, most to all of the general public will just see a 10 year old car that had problems throught it span. Now to someone on the board, it might be a different story who know the history of the SC and the limited production number of all years SC including the 95 5spd cars. I would not part it out unless it was a wreck, what most of the time happens is you sell all the "good" stuff and left with the little items and a shell to have to get rid of.

If the car spent its whole life down south away from the rust belt that is a real plus. 95 with a 5 speed is a plus. Rod knock in the engine is a real downer. Its fairly easy to get paint and interior work done. A bad engine is a real turn off to anyone that has ever worked on one of these cars. i dont think parting it out will get you any real money. Post some pictures and maybe somebody will fall in love with it. If I had the money I would make you an offer on it.

Back