Dangerous to Run w/o a chip ?

HHHthegame

OK, my 95 SC has the mods in the sig below. I put 36# injectors on because they were 30's when I got the car (long story ending w/ me pissed at previous owner :mad: ) Ok, do you have to disconnect the battery before I start the car to clear the memory from the old injectors?
Second, w/ the mods below + a double IC I am getting, is a chip neccessary? I know it is best to get it tuned and a chip, but if I don't get it tuned/chip, what are the consequences? Is an MN-12 EEC tuner the same thing, and going to acheive the same results? What about if I only get it tuned, will that be enough at this point. After the Double IC is on, I think I am happy w/ my car and no more mods are planned for a couple years at least, but that can always change if a deal comes along :p . Thanks for the help here, Austin

HHHthegame said:
OK, my 95 SC has the mods in the sig below. I put 36# injectors on because they were 30's when I got the car (long story ending w/ me pissed at previous owner :mad: ) Ok, do you have to disconnect the battery before I start the car to clear the memory from the old injectors?
Second, w/ the mods below + a double IC I am getting, is a chip neccessary? I know it is best to get it tuned and a chip, but if I don't get it tuned/chip, what are the consequences? Is an MN-12 EEC tuner the same thing, and going to acheive the same results? What about if I only get it tuned, will that be enough at this point. After the Double IC is on, I think I am happy w/ my car and no more mods are planned for a couple years at least, but that can always change if a deal comes along :p . Thanks for the help here, Austin

You need a tune and a chip. I wouldn't mess around with a tuner because you gotta learn the lingo yourself and with your 95 that's easier said than done. Not to mention the EEC can't decode all the relevant memory locations. Particularly if you are done with mods for awhile, now is the time to get it done. There isn't really any other way to tune the car so to "only get it tuned" means you have to get a chip or tuner. If you are worried about safety, you can go to a dyno and get the car's AFR read. That will tell you if you are in danger or not.

Yes, you should disconnect the battery when you put the new injectors in.

We should get a few people together up your way and arrange a dyno tuning session. I can come out there if a few people want to get chips at the same time.

David

Back