Broken EGR Tube, dealer says part is obsolete

SCSVTSi

Last time I changed my headgaskets the steel tube from the passenger side header to the EGR valve broke in half. It broke right in the middle at the "flexible" section. I just wanted to get everything connected the way it should be, so I went to buy one and was told the part is obsolete. I thought that was odd that they could discontinue a part of the emission system...oh well. Is the part really obsolete? I thought about trying to fab up my own but figured that would be more trouble than its worth. Hopefully I will be able to track one down somewhere.

Call Dan Newman

SCSVTSi said:
Last time I changed my headgaskets the steel tube from the passenger side header to the EGR valve broke in half. It broke right in the middle at the "flexible" section. I just wanted to get everything connected the way it should be, so I went to buy one and was told the part is obsolete. I thought that was odd that they could discontinue a part of the emission system...oh well. Is the part really obsolete? I thought about trying to fab up my own but figured that would be more trouble than its worth. Hopefully I will be able to track one down somewhere.

When mine broke, while we were doing the engine job, I called Dan Newman. (Town & Country Ford, Charlotte, NC). The part is obsolete, but he was able to find one at a place that stocks obsolete parts. I think he told me that only Ford Dealers can access the warehouse where he found mine.

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sports suspension

Back