fuseable link?

35TH5SPEED

My fan wont kick on, so I replaced the IRCM and it still wont kick on unless the defroster is on. Someone said in another thread there was a fuseable link from the starter solinoid by the battery to the ICRM. Does anyone know what the link looks like, where it is and how to replace it? I went to get my car smoged and they said they cant do it with the a/c on, but then it will overheat without it. I was hella pissed because they didnt even strap the car down while they were dyno testing it.

If I'm not mistaken, the fact that the low speed fan works when the A/C is turned on proves that the fusible link is O.K.
I suggest that you check your coolant temperature sensor near the thermostat. It may be bad or the connector may be loose.

Sounds good, Ill replace that and see what happens. Do you have to drain the coolant to change it? I remember taking the whole housing off when I changed the thermostat, but cant remember if the sensor has coolant running across it.

You may lose a little coolant, possibly even less if parked on an incline (nose of the car facing downhill). If you worked on the thermostat, then the connector may be loose on the sensor. You may have an air pocket, but I don't know if this would cause your problem. I'd suggest that you remove the bleed bolt on the thermostat housing when you add coolant.

Back