are any circuits powered when off?

jnpmismash

I need some help I'm still looking for the draw that is killing my battery. I was wondering when the key is off, what circuits are still powered , if any? I've removed all the fuses in the distrubution box and under the dash 1 at a time. and it's still arcing badly when I hook up the battery negative after each one. I've also diconected the starter and the alternator. Are there any more fuses hidden on these things? It's a 90 35th aniversary. Anyone who can help?

The low and high speed fan relays inside the IRCM have a fusible link and not a fuse. Try disconnecting the cooling fan or the IRCM.

Battery D.O.A...........!

Went through that drill myself this weekend, (erhm, stupid me left my radar detector on!) Read about this proceedure in a book, do this, disconnect negative battery terminal, hook up a test light between the terminal and the post. A bro helps here so you don't have to keep getting out of the car. Light should be out! If it is on, remove all the fuses, including the metallic ones, in the fuse block INSIDE the car and put them back in one at a time until the light comes on. pull that fuse and mark the location and go on, in the end you may have more than one that turn yer test light on as my SC did. Took about 3 months, but that damn radar detector killed the battery!! Funny thing is, in the end even with ALL the fuses pulled the test light still had a very faint glow, we chalked that up to a voltage leak somewhere. sometime these cars can be entertaining when there not being a total p.i.t.a., while my bro and I were doing this proceedure we couldn't figure out why one fuse keep giving us a light? Then at the same time we both stared laugh our a**es of because we realize the door was open drawing current. DOH!!! Sometime I think a good sense of humour is necessary. Good luck, good hunting!!! W.L.

Back