jbl amp

Hamp

What will happen to my sound system if I totally remove the jbl amp in the trunk, I have already replace the head unit, speakers, and added a sub and amp?
Thanks,
Joe

Hamp said:
What will happen to my sound system if I totally remove the jbl amp in the trunk, I have already replace the head unit, speakers, and added a sub and amp?
Thanks,
Joe
I dont know what will happen, but if you want to sell the head unit, and the amp, and they are in working order. let me know. the radio quit working in mine today, and the amp only powers the left speakers on mine. Post back if your inerested.

I have the whole setup too with the sub and amp, but good luck tryin to get that amp off of that shelf without ruining anything. If you did I am not sure, that amp might be for the stock speakers or something.

jnpmismash said:
I dont know what will happen, but if you want to sell the head unit, and the amp, and they are in working order. let me know. the radio quit working in mine today, and the amp only powers the left speakers on mine. Post back if your inerested.
Sorry but I don.t have head unit with the cd player.
Joe

Amp Removal

If you are rewiring the entire system - new head unit, speakers, sub and amp - then you'll get the power to the speakers through your new amp.

If you intend on using the factory wiring, you'll need to connect the speaker wiring at the amp. This is if your head unit is providing the power.

Removal of the amp is as easy as lowering the rear package shelf, unclip the wiring and unbolting it.

Good luck.

Mark
'93 SC

If your head unit has an internal amp (I am guessing it does), then you don't need the factory amp. You can just leave the amp where it sits and use an "amp bypass connector" to bypass it. That way, the powered signal will travel from your new HU back to the trunk, through the bypass connector, and then to the speakers through the factory speaker wiring.

Or you could remove the amp, but that rack is kind of difficult to remove. Also, it may start to squeak over bumps if you mess with it ... it's a very annoying squeak, trust me.

jbl

Where would I find a amp by pass connector becaause I don't won't to rewire the whole system.
Thanks,
Joe

Joe,

Sorry I took so long to reply.

Check this link:

http://www.scosche.com/scosche.aspx?ItemID=FDK2B&CategoryID=78

I think this is the kit you need. It appears to include the harnesses to wire the radio into the dash as well as the harness to bypass the amp (the one with a connector at each end).

The web page has a "dealer locator" button. If that doesn't work, call you local Wal*Mart, Best Buy, or Circuit City.

I hope this helps.

Back