Tach doesn't work?

Billabong089

What does it mean when the TACH doesn't work and the check engine light comes on? Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesnt. ??

Billabong089 said:
What does it mean when the TACH doesn't work and the check engine light comes on? Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesnt. ??

That is usually caused by a bad cam sensor. You might want to check that it didn't come unplugged or the wires got rubbed by the supercharger belt, before buying a new sensor.

David

my car was hard to start and it just died on me. The tach also died. I replaced the cam sensor in the parking lot of advance auto in VA Beach and it started right up and runs great now.

I replaced the Cam sensor and the tachometer still dies out sometimes especially when I try to get on it, more than 5lbs of boost.... and it bucks and runs like crap?

could it be the DIS or somethign else.

wheres the cam sensor located, and a good place to buy one?

Robert

Scott Long said:
my car was hard to start and it just died on me. The tach also died. I replaced the cam sensor in the parking lot of advance auto in VA Beach and it started right up and runs great now.

rzibilske77 said:
wheres the cam sensor located, and a good place to buy one?

Robert
..look to the left of the thermostat housing,under the blower nose behind the blower belt,it's grey,round with an connection on the left side,you can get them at most part stores......be careful not to drop the two small bolts that hold it in place......just unscrew and replace the sensor,easy fix.
z

hey thx for the info...i actually just found it in an old post..it helps if i'd look first.

z90sc said:
..look to the left of the thermostat housing,under the blower nose behind the blower belt,it's grey,round with an connection on the left side,you can get them at most part stores......be careful not to drop the two small bolts that hold it in place......just unscrew and replace the sensor,easy fix.
z

Back