O2 Sensor

Scour_king

What is the correct lenght wires on both o2 sensors on a 95 S/C. Went to parts store and figured one size fits all but they started asking questions. I went out to look and coundn't even see them down there. Also asked them to check codes and they asked if car was OBDII or not. No idea there either.
My gas milage has went south faster then a 70 year old snow bird with a new RV. I mean from 20 or so in town to like 10 or lower in town and all of a sudden.

Anyone ! Just feel free to jump right in. They come in 8 in to like 23 in. It's amazing that they are all the same sensor with the lenght of wire being longer adds the extra cost of like 10.00 an inch for a few cents of wire. Called Ford Dealer and they want 115.00 each. Advance Auto wants from 42.00 for an 8 in wire to almost 100.00 each for the longest wire.

Re: 02 Sensors

With stock manifolds use the short lead sensors. Only with mid length or long headers do you need to get extended leads.
Make sure that the engine is stone cold when trying to unplug the driver's side plug. It's up behind the left head by the bellhousing and I have the scars to prove it. Also usr some anti-seize compund on the new sensor so it will come out EZ next time.

Thx Sony. I have stock manifolds and didnt think about the antiseize. I have 136,000 with I am pretty sure stock o2's in it.

Back