camshaft sensor

sukha

I have recently installed a comp camshaft and engine does not idle properly. I have been told that it may be the setting of the cam sensor...
has anyone who has installed a aftermarket camshaft done this before ?
if so, can i do this myself or do i need to get it back into the shop ?

I finished up my cam/head install over the weekend, I also went with a Comp cam core, on re-assembly i made sure that #1 was at TDC and didn't turn the crank during the install of all the pulleys and belts, then i tried to line up the CPS assembly as close as i could to this http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46483

I think i may have to go back and readjust or it just might need a tune, but it does have a nice lope that is subtle..

Last edited:
this happened to my friend when we installed the steigemeier cam. after following the proceedure w/ a sensor align tool (from ford) it was found that we had the cam sensor 180 degrees off. oops. It wouldn't run very well at all and finally it stopped running. I believe he also had a broken valve spring because of the high lift cam. Its been about a year now and I don't remember for certain. But I do remember we thought we lined it up right but had to turn it around.

Back