Looking for a good rebuildable shortblock

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I am intersted in finding a SC shortblock, I would like one in good enough shape and specs within tolerance enough to not require reboring and new pistons; or resizing any bearings....

I would like to be able to clean the block, deck and resurface, polish the crank, throw in some bearings and be done with it.

I need the cam to come with it, and would like the balancer as well.

I am curius if can find one to have rebuilt by a reputable shop locally cheaper than a ford remaned shortblock. As I will not be eligible for warranty anyways...

And who has any recommendations on shipping motors? I see where people are paying between $75 and $375 to ahve an engine shipped...

Thanks!

Last edited:
well

i use forward air-only way to do it-they generally charge like 70 bucks per 100lbs-so figure aroud 200 for a bare engine-i have one if you need it-88k miles-ran great-freshening up is always good though-Mike

What year shoertblock is it, and it is a SC block right?

Got any pics?

Have you taken the heads off and checked things out?

How is the ridge at the top of the cylinders?
I will be rebuildng, polishing crank, etc; but hope not to have to do any resizing of pistons or bearings...

How much would you be looking for, including strapping it a palet, and carrying it to the dock, etc?

Is that the company name???

Thanks!

Hmmm.

First I heard of the forward air folks...

Their small container from Albany NY to Huntsville, AL is 267.72, it sould fit in there shouldn't it?? I put in 500 lbs for good measure....

Small - SMC
(61 L * 44.5 W * 44 H)
$ 267.72

i have one in ne. pa...

i have a short block, that i think spun a bearing due to a bad harmonic balancer,,, anyways, once i get the new set of heads off, its yours for $100.00 if ya want it, i an not gonna ship, so pick up is a must, if you are not interested, let me know, so i can pull the pistons, and scrap the block so it isn't lying around... thanks TIM!!!!!!

Huntsville, I have some relative in Corinth, is that your area?

How many miles on the engine?

Got any pics? sizemoremk AT eer-h.com if you do!

Thanks!

Last edited:
short block

sizemoremk said:
Huntsville, I have some relative in Corinth, is that your area?

How many miles on the engine?

About 35 miles from corinth.I think there is about 120k on engine.Would make good builder

Last edited:
What are you looking to get for it?

Thanks!d if you could, woudl you remind removing or altering my email address in your last message....
Don't know what I was thinking....

Forward Air

The dude that quoted you on the shipping needs to check up on his account, unless he doesnt have one.. I can ship a 500 pound motor on a pallet from California to Maine for 150 or less. I know a 3.8 isnt that heavy as I can pick it up by myself. And I'm a wimp.
I have an 85K running SC motor by the way.
Email me at Raysclassicfords@adelphia.net

yes

yes its an sc engine, there are no ridges at the tops of the cylinders-no smoking, ticks, rattles, etc-it has 88k miles on it and ran beautiful, no issues-its VERY rebuildable, and never had any problems with it-right now its complete-but ill strip it down-and ship for 200ish plus gas to take it there-Mike

Back