WTF is this?

joshbea6

I posted this over at TCCoA as well, but since it is out of a SC, Here goes.

I was removing the rear carpet cover from the rear shelf in my 90 SC . After I removed the Amp/ ABS shelf underneath, I was looking around and I saw 2 of these bars on the Passenger's side of the shelf, held in with 2 bolts.

It is hard to tell what size they are from the Pic, but they are about an inch wide, and about 20 inches long.

I have the 60/40 split seat in the rear. One bar is about 6 inches from the rear glass, and the other is about 3 inches from where the back of the seat sits.

Here is the Pic.

P2150147.jpg

What in the HELL is it/ they?

I would guess that these are nothing more than structural reinforcement bars.
The Ford service CD I have doesn't show these (but I have the 1994 disc).
If there is a part number on the brackets you could look them up or call the dealer for a basic description.

The 90 Service Manual doesn't show them either. They may be part of the seat bracing for the 60/ 40 split bench, but I didn't remember pulling off any seat braces that connected to them.

WHOT THE HELL ARE THOSE, TOTAL FREAK SHOW!!! :eek:

P.S. Your bedspread with the hearts is really touching ;) , I would recommend leaving it out on future shots

Not a bedspread you TOOL.......is an old pillow, and the only white thing I could grab so that you could see what I was talking about.

Thanks for your OH SO GREAT help........AsScLoWn........... :p

Last edited:
The car did have premium sound, but there was NO sub in the car. It's possible that the previous owner removed it.

Back