saging door

rzibilske77

how do i fix it? Is it the door hinges, its sits about half inch lower then suppose too, which is creating some rubbing? What do i need to do?

Thanks, Robert

nevermind, it might help if i read the whole article :)

Thanks for the link, now where can i buy new pins? Local auto parts, Ford?

thanks again for your input.

LJGriggs said:
Here is a llink to the TCCoA Tech Articles page for exterior

fixes:

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/exterior/index.html#
(if the link doesn't work, just go to www.tccoa.com)

There are two articles, one regarding sagging doors, and one for hinge replacement....

Last edited:
If it's just the typical lower hinge bushings that have worn thru & there is play in the door when you lift it from the bottom - you can go to the local parts store like PepBoys and get a replacement pin & bushings for under $10. If you've left it like that for a while and not only have the bushings worn thru (and fallen out) but you've worn the pin hole in the hinge itself then you'll need MN12 Performance's hinge kit (about $25) which provides the next size bushing; so you just have to drill out the old pin hole to match. Once you mark the location of both hinges (outline) on the door (you can use a stubby pencil and small mirror for this) and support the weight of the door on jacks or stands (with some protection - like leather or cloth). Then just unbolt the hinges on the door side only, slide the door away from the A pillar as much as possible without disconnecting the elect. harness. Use some shop rags or duct tape to protect the paint and cut thru the lower hinge pin. You can use a Dremel and cut it in half or even file/grind off the top until the pin comes free. Then take the outer (door) half of the hinge to the bench if you have to drill & install bigger bushings. If not you can just pry out what remains of the old bushing & insert the stock size replacements. Install the pin and re-attach the hinges. Just don't slam the door the first time until you are satisfied with the alighment. If the light gray sleeve on the B pillar part of the latch is worn or scored you can also replace that. The MN12 kit includes both parts and you can even get the next size bushing if yours are well worn. Look at the instructions & pictures on the MN12 web site.

Back