PDA

View Full Version : Trying to start a long island SC club/meeting

SCchick89
02-16-2005, 06:46 PM
hey you guys, i see that the NYC chapter has fallen apart. what i'd like to do is organize a meeting in suffolk, around the west islip/deer park/bay shore area. there are a few SCs around here that i can try to get together as well. I have been thinking of starting up a suffolk/nassau SC club for a few months, i have ideas for club meetings/shirts/hats, things like that. i also have a great mechanic that will hook you guys up with some good deals if you go through me. i think we can make it a great thing so lets try to get together sometime soon and see what we can come up with. i know of a few areas here that are free to hang out and park in during the days on saturdays, or sundays.... sundays are good for me, as are most nights after 6. so lets post some ideas here and get as many SCers together. I'm hoping for a meeting, or gathering around the middle of March when the weather starts to warm a bit... let's get this club going. hope to hear from you all.

Ira R.
02-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Found your new post!! I think getting people together to share ideas, stories and notes is a good thing. My problem is that Sunday night, after 5:00pm, is the only night I have free. If anything gets scheduled for that time frame I would happy to attend.

Otherwise, I'll just stick my two cents in here every now and again! :rolleyes:

Ira

SCchick89
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Found your new post!! I think getting people together to share ideas, stories and notes is a good thing. My problem is that Sunday night, after 5:00pm, is the only night I have free. If anything gets scheduled for that time frame I would happy to attend.

Otherwise, I'll just stick my two cents in here every now and again! :rolleyes:

Ira

Sundays are not out of the question, but any meets would have to be inside at least until march/april when it is light out til 6-7pm and the weather is a bit more comfortable this way we can gather and talk. however, if there are a bunch of SCers that want to meet after 5 on a sunday i'll be more than happy to get something together, possibly a dinner meeting or something.. keep the input coming......

KwikGSeX
02-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Someone is finally stepping up to the plate :D Id be glad to help out.. I can probably scrounge up a couple of SCers and former SCers from LI since im up there every weekend.. My problem is that we can only do it on Fridays and Sat's.. Where in LI are you Christina? Ever heard of Pro Lube in West Babylon on Rt 109? And you wouldnt be Greek by any chance would you? LoL

SCchick89
02-17-2005, 03:53 PM
im in west islip and i know exactly where that is!

vivisex666
02-17-2005, 05:36 PM
this is a great idea. i'm out east, but i'd make the trip to hang out for a while.

blackthunder90
02-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I've always wanted a LI SC GTG and/or Club....Great Idea!!
My SC is off the road for now...but I'll still chill with everyone.
One of these days my baby will come back to life...hopefully.
I'm on the border of nassau/suffolk...so it's cool either way.
Definatley should wait till the weather is nice.

KwikGSeX
02-17-2005, 09:56 PM
im in west islip and i know exactly where that is!

If you wish to get something going and want some ideas and help swing by there on a Sat.. The owner is a current SC owner (tho its off the road) and im always up there on Sat's..

SCchick89
02-17-2005, 11:32 PM
If you wish to get something going and want some ideas and help swing by there on a Sat.. The owner is a current SC owner (tho its off the road) and im always up there on Sat's..

i work till 7pm on saturdays im sorry, but i am willing to get together

KwikGSeX
02-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Sure just drop me an email or a PM and lemme know... We have no life so we just hang out all night Sat's or go to the races..

SCchick89
02-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Where are all you guys? we've only had few posts here with interest in getting something going.... there is snow expected out here tonite/monday so this coming weekend will probably be out, but maybe early march for a meeting and getting the club organized??? let's get some more SCers posting here and get some ideas and stuff up..

p.s.- in response to MattyBlazer in the thread "Ny chapter is dead?"- i was not trying to step on your toes, or your post. i know you were just trying to see if there was any interest on LI, i just thought it would be easier to post through a title that says LI SC meeting/club rather than ny chapter is dead... sorry..

pipecraze
02-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey...

I'm on LI....from the Port Jeff area. I drive to Mineola alot so any meeting place inbetween is good for me!

Sean

vivisex666
02-24-2005, 09:12 AM
cool. another LI SC appears. i'm in port jeff a bit myself. i stop by at Vegas some times.

Ira R.
02-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I overheard someone at work today talking about a meet on Saturday mornings at the Captree parking lot. She said her son went off last week and there must have been 200 cars there.

Anyone know anything about this???

Ira

SCchick89
02-24-2005, 07:37 PM
i'm pretty sure the show mentioned is run in some way or another by the Fbody club... lifba.com..... not positive, but my friend is in that club and she said something about a car meet show, i thought it was only fbody and/or chevys though... i'll find out for you guys. as for us, if you can just leave your email addreses so i can make a list and start getting things going for this club...
thanks.
chrissy

mattyblazer
02-26-2005, 12:16 PM
I overheard someone at work today talking about a meet on Saturday mornings at the Captree parking lot. She said her son went off last week and there must have been 200 cars there.

Anyone know anything about this???

Ira

Captree- It's like the "Nathans meet", I don't think it is a club thing but there's alot of nice cars there.

blackthunder90
02-27-2005, 05:45 AM
Captree- It's like the "Nathans meet", I don't think it is a club thing but there's alot of nice cars there.

From what I know it's like what you stated...not just SCs...alot of diffrent cars,vettes,cobras,etc.

HappyHourHero
02-27-2005, 08:52 PM
hey, cool. a long island club...awesome idea. unfortunaly i probably wont be able to go to any meets until almost summer time. i work on the weekends and have alot going on in the coming months (including fixing my sc) but i'll be around.
-chris

vivisex666
02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
hey, cool. a long island club...awesome idea. unfortunaly i probably wont be able to go to any meets until almost summer time. i work on the weekends and have alot going on in the coming months (including fixing my sc) but i'll be around.
-chris
wow chris, you had really done a great job on that car. it's a damn shame.

fasttbird12
03-01-2005, 03:19 PM
anyone up for anything this sat, we can go out to dinner or whatever

SCchick89
03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
im up for this sat but i work every sat till 7pm, td be up for anything after that thou. :)

vivisex666
03-01-2005, 03:49 PM
i could do saturday. and it looks like the snow is going to stop. weather.com is saying that it should be Mostly Sunny. we'll see. . . :rolleyes:

Ira R.
03-01-2005, 05:58 PM
anyone up for anything this sat, we can go out to dinner or whatever

Sorry, would love to come but I have to work Saturday night. Next time.

Ira

fasttbird12
03-01-2005, 08:45 PM
ok so lets plan on this saturday after 7 where is a good place to go. me and vivisex are out east so lets meet somewhere in the middle

HappyHourHero
03-02-2005, 09:23 AM
wow chris, you had really done a great job on that car. it's a damn shame.

thank you! its not too bad, she still runs fine, no radiator damage or anything. i'm sure i will be doing some welding though. she'll back better than ever!

yea, im working till 10:00 on saturday, have fun guys, let us party poopers know how it went.
-chris

vivisex666
03-02-2005, 10:21 AM
ok, so far we have SCchick, fastbird, and myself.
i suggest we meet at Smithaven Mall by Friday's. we can chill out, walk around, get something to eat. . .

Miller
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
tell me when + i'll see if I can swing by two.. the smithhaven mall is about 5 minutes from me

vivisex666
03-02-2005, 12:53 PM
tell me when + i'll see if I can swing by two.. the smithhaven mall is about 5 minutes from me
Cool. SCchick seams to be missing from the discussion at the moment, but she said she worked till 7. . . so, how about 8:30pm? that would give her plenty of time.

coolest68
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM
I am a lx man, i saw ur post on tccoa is lx invited too or is it sc? Also i get off of work at 10 on sat u guys be around, me and a few birds/cougars hang out like everyweekend all over. I live in the massapequa area and am willing to drive to far meets also, will be attending catjam this year and many other events... also i am looking into starting a club also, theres a few problems theres a few clubs already but the problem with them is they die as fast as they are started... I know of 5 ny/li clubs not upstate even...

vivisex666
03-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I am a lx man, i saw ur post on tccoa is lx invited too or is it sc? Also i get off of work at 10 on sat u guys be around, me and a few birds/cougars hang out like everyweekend all over. I live in the massapequa area and am willing to drive to far meets also, will be attending catjam this year and many other events... also i am looking into starting a club also, theres a few problems theres a few clubs already but the problem with them is they die as fast as they are started... I know of 5 ny/li clubs not upstate even...
of course you are welcome. . . the more the merrier. the time hasn't really been set in stone as of yet. but i was planning on having dinner at Friday's, so i'll probably still be there.

pipecraze
03-02-2005, 07:37 PM
If you guys are meeting this sat, the 5th, I could probably do it. I can do smith haven mall...I'm 10 mins away.

Sean
pipecraze@yahoo.com

Carlover007
03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
I only have an 96 LX, but count me in. :D

coolest68
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
How about dinner and a movie lol, i get off at ten and i would so wanna meet other bird owners, i want to join the world of sc this summer btw it be a v8 sc. I got some ideas about starting a club and would love to help out, let me know. My name is William btw, aim name is coolest68 aim me if u wanna talk.

fasttbird12
03-02-2005, 10:30 PM
man i dident know there was this many people on long island that were into thunderbirds but yeah i say we meet at fridays around 830 and we can figure out if we want to do anything after.

Miller
03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
u know I'v only seen 1 other sc in my life......twaz black... saw it on locust ave...... but what was cool was I had the lx and it died on me + i needed a car real bad.. so i was just drivin aroudn wit my friends to kill time/ look for a car + i was like maybe i'll find another tbird.. a soupercoupe or an v8... like 3 blocks later i see a sc sittin on some1's lawn.... got the thing for $1200..... crazy non-english speakin spanish people....

Carlover007
03-02-2005, 11:10 PM
u know I'v only seen 1 other sc in my life......twaz black

I see at least 4 SC's everyday

Miller
03-02-2005, 11:52 PM
where are you on LI ? im in ronkonkoma

vivisex666
03-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Looks like we are going to have a nice little crowd of Thunderbirds this Saturday. Since everyone seams ok with the time and place, I think we need to specify exactly where we should meet by Friday's. It is a big parking lot. How about the south east side of the parking lot near the road? There is usually less cars over there.

If anyone has any questions or wants to chat or whatever, my aim is vivisex666 (big surprise) It's forwarded to my phone, so you can pretty much always reach me.

fasttbird12
03-03-2005, 10:17 AM
that seems like a good spot to me

vivisex666
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
i just saw a SC at lunch before. it was a black pre-'94. in Hampton Bays heading west on Montauk Hwy. it was about 12:45pm. was that anyone here?

lube70
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Don here from the NJTACC (New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club) also known as the SCCOA of NJ.

If you guys and gals need any help, give me a call. Be more than glad to help you in organizing the club.

We started our club over 3 1/2 years ago and GOING STRONG!!!!

Always a huge turnout at Carlisle and other large events.

If you need some info, call me or e-mail me.

Don O'Neill, Jr.

President, NJTACC

(973) 277-4294

www.NJTACC.com

SCchick89
03-03-2005, 04:25 PM
hey you guys, sorry i've been away for the last few days. i was pretty sick with flu, but i'm just about over it. anyway, it's great to see this board pick up with the posting since i've been sick. i see we may have picked up a few more future SC club members, and an lx guy too...(maybe he can join too..lol). as for the meeting, first i want to thank vivisex666 for being considerate enough to offer 8:30 as the time so i could get there too, remembering i work til 7, so thank you. next, i was thinking we can all get to know each other and maybe try to get things rolling on the club. set up an organized leadership, ex. president, vp, so on, if you guys want something like that... this way we can have a few people organize meetings and so on, and have others planning events and things like that. we need to see who is likely to attend more often so we don't have our leaders absent too much. I'd really like to start this club with our own members help, and if we need outside assistance, i'm also a member of the long island thunderbirds so i'm sure they can help us out, or Don from SCCOA of NJ just offered as well. Like i said, i have some connections and things to get us going. I'll see you all saturday night around 8:30pm by fridays.

-chrissy

coolest68
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Lx is still a bird ok... lol ooo well mock us lx its kewl, I dk if i should bring this up right now but i am going to, if you guys are starting a club don't have 3 presidents, have a president, vp, sec., and treas. its simple. I would be willing to help as much as i can, i know alot about car shows since i been going to them since i was like 5, I been to almost all the long island car shows, franks shows at belmont, flowerfeild, (ps i know my spelling sucks...) and many others. I know this areas not for idea about a club but i think it be kewl, lets say hmm... vivisex666 blows her head, she post rebuilding heads whos in? i know i show and help out. Me and my bird friends work out in the cold on each others cars, I get a call like hey man my pulleys on in u free ok man brt. Kinda like everyone helps out, i know i be having a bbq this summer and everyone i knows invited i be posting it up.

fasttbird12
03-03-2005, 10:00 PM
sounds good to me im willing to help out. and one other thing vivisex666 is a him not a her lol

Miller
03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
i saw red sc 2night on hawkins ave..then i followed it around casue i was just joy riding.. heh.... puleld onto a block right by the mall.. anybody here ?

I talked to my boces teacher today, who owns a machine shop... he said he wants to build my car up for me.. im pretty sure my HG"s are about to go.... i go threw almost a bottle of anti-freeze a week.. ehhh... and i started gettin some white smoke... + i have heat for about 10 seconds then it goes cold.. so im preparing for the worst.... but he told me that for liek $3k he'll pull my engine out, rebuild it ,port it all out and do a bunch of other stuff we didnt get to far into details.. but he's good so I'll be drivin a rocket.. mauhaha..... but anyways.. I forgot that saturday i have to work out in riverhead.. i dont know wut time i'll be gettin off.. but im guessin probably around 10ish....so maybe some1 can leave a phone # and i'll see if u guys are still up at the mall or whatever yeh know ?

fasttbird12
03-03-2005, 10:19 PM
i can help you out i did a lot to my motor. if ya want i can sell you a complete motor cheap so you can start wokin on it right away. your going to want to start the machine work soon there is usually a lot involved if you want to build a good motor took me over a month and a half to build mine

Miller
03-03-2005, 10:26 PM
well the thing is.. the only thing I'v ever done on my car that involved removing things was my brakes.....so i wont be rippin my enginge out myself yeh know.....the guy i got doin it has had a machien shop for YEARS.. he used to own top fuel alcohol cars + do enduro racing and shizz... he has a 9 second road runner and a cuda.. so im thinkin its best if I just trusted his judgement.. cause thats my only option..heh.. but how much you want for the engine ?

fasttbird12
03-03-2005, 10:28 PM
i dono what is it worth to you. its a complete motor blower to oil pan, what machine shop? where in riverhead you goin i live in eastport

Miller
03-03-2005, 10:37 PM
mhrmm.. the machine shop im not suuuuuuure of the name... i know it used to be called Medford Machine Shop....might still be....i can find out tho...and i know he had one on rt 112 at the car quest... but he moved it from there...

i'll ask him if he thinks i should buy the block.. umm.. its off of Polaski st I belive.. right accrocc fromt he Polaski st school... at Sid Harveys ( Air conditing + heating warehouse ) ....

fasttbird12
03-03-2005, 10:43 PM
i konw that machine shop the one he had before this one burnt down. how do you konw nick? the owner at advanced engine and machine knows all about these sc motors i would reccomend him to anyone. i konw right where sid harveys is mby ill take a ride by there tomorrow and check out your car im going to the auto parts on main street tomorrow

Miller
03-03-2005, 10:49 PM
yeaaaaa his shop burnt down.. a lightbulb shorted + burnt the ceiling tile in the office... swung + hit a stach of papers.. then the firefighters soaked all his machines.... cool u know nick.... He is my airconditing teacher at boces.. great guy...i work with him alot doin diff things... how do you know him ? my car wont be there 2morrow till after prolly 6:00.. I work at the medford store off of Horseblock road... Im going to the riverhead store to do inventory.. so i wouldnt be able to come out + hang out at all...but after that I wanna shoot out + hang out wit every1

fasttbird12
03-03-2005, 11:01 PM
i would give u my number but my phone is broke. im sure some people will be around at 10. you prob pass my house ever day when you go to work. i live on 51 north of the big horse farm

SCchick89
03-03-2005, 11:06 PM
-coolest68- not sure if you read the post right but what im hoping to get started in the club would be a system of pres, vp, sec., treas, and events coordinator, and so on.. dont know where the 3 president comment came from....?? as i stated in the post, just something like pres, vp- sec was what i was going to do... i also attend all the long island car shows and will be able to get a club and meetings going, but i will gladly take all advice and offers of help, as i told don from sccoa nj. i think we first need to see how many SCers are going to be really really into this club, then we can establish a leadership.

p.s.- i was told the "car show" at captree on sunday is all mixed cars, from hot rods to mustangs to bmws. all are welcome, some clubs from the island also meet there for the show too. so anyone who cant make it out saturday night maybe can get out to captree sunday and we can all get together. if directions are needed, let me know, i live literally down the block from robert moses and captree.. :D

Miller
03-03-2005, 11:41 PM
fastbird , how do you know nick ?

and can some1 thats going tomorrow give me a phone # to call to see whats going on when i get off..?

btw... my aim sn is lYli11er

vivisex666
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
hey peoples. sorry i missed some of your aim's last night. like i said, i usually keep everything forwarded to my phone so when i did actually log on last night i forgot to shut it off. my bad.
but anyway, i'd def be willing to lend a hand. in fact i'd love to be part of a complete engine swap or rebuild. i've become halfway competent w/ fixing my own car, but i've never done anything that in-depth, i'd love to learn.
Saturday night, i will probably still be around come 10-10:30. a friend of mine, who live right around the corner from there gets out of work at 10:30.
so if anyone wants my # drop me a PM
-ian

SilverCasket
03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
So what's going on. You gonna get something going or what? How about track meets. .. I'd be willing to join you SC'ers for some fun at the track. I'm an easy half hour away here in NJ, but it'd be fun for the travel.

Anthony

KwikGSeX
03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
in fact i'd love to be part of a complete engine swap or rebuild. i've become halfway competent w/ fixing my own car, but i've never done anything that in-depth, i'd love to learn.
-ian

Blow your head gaskets.. You'll love to learn all the new curse words for the Ford Engineer who designed those ~~~ stockers.. An engine swap IMO is easier than doing gaskets on these cars.. LoL If you guys want any help lemme know 4 years my SC is gone and i STILL remember every stupid bolt and harness you need to get the motor out in under 45min flat..

vivisex666
03-04-2005, 03:10 PM
SilverCasket - we are getting something going. this is our first meet after all. as far as running at a track, i don't think we have one out here anymore. at least not by me.

KwikGSex - i'll pass on that for now. i just hope mine HG's stand up to the 5% pulley i put on. lol besides, i already put my curse words to the test when i changed my spark plugs. . . those G** D*** M***** F*****'s . . .

pipecraze
03-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Is everyone still meeting sat night at 8:30. If so I can't really make it till 9 ish.

If you guys do meet give me a call and I'll shoot over. (I have a gig in bayshore from 8-8:30)

Sean 516.885.4394
pipecraze@yahoo.com

I have a lowered white 89...so if you see me, wave me down!

KwikGSeX
03-04-2005, 08:21 PM
KwikGSex - i'll pass on that for now. i just hope mine HG's stand up to the 5% pulley i put on. lol besides, i already put my curse words to the test when i changed my spark plugs. . . those G** D*** M***** F*****'s . . .

Spark plugs are 15 minute job bro.. LoL..

SCchick89
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM
i see a lot of the scers here cant get out til around 9is,, i think we'll still be there well after 9, probably til 10 unless the temps are freezing or the weather turns... so get out there whenever you can, but just figure if you're not out there by 930-945 it's probably not worth the trip. see you all tomorrow nite

Miller
03-04-2005, 11:28 PM
its 10:300 now im gonna shoot up there and see if anybody is there.... probably not tho.... but yeh nevvvvvver know...

Miller
03-05-2005, 12:07 AM
well... went and nobody was there... BUT... while I was there these 2 girls flaged me down as i drove accross the parking lot, then asked if they could take a picture of them kissing me for there scavanger hunt + if i had a gf....i do.. so they didnt get there picture.. but how often does that happen eh ?

vivisex666
03-05-2005, 02:24 PM
its 10:300 now im gonna shoot up there and see if anybody is there.... probably not tho.... but yeh nevvvvvver know...
PM. we'll be there at 8:30PM lol

Ira R.
03-05-2005, 03:44 PM
post deleted because I got my days mixed up!

Ira

Miller
03-05-2005, 07:08 PM
oh damn....damn damn damn... lmao... i thought yesterday was saturday....... ah to be carefree.. heh.... well.. guess I'll see you guys 2night then.... i hope

Johnny Cougar
03-05-2005, 07:53 PM
I will probably stop by. That is, as long as you all don't mind a Cat with a 5.0 hanging out with SC's.

Oh, BTW. The Thunderbird and Cougar Club of Southern NY usually has gettogethers about once a month. Our first of 2005 is on March 19th and Dave and Busters in Islandia. Everyone is welcome. Check out www.cougarnuts.com in the Southern NY forum for details on our meets, and check out www.cardomain.com/id/tccosny for info on our cars.

See you all there!

SCchick89
03-05-2005, 08:11 PM
hey, just got in from work, grabbing a bite to eat, then off to the lot in fridays. see you all there. i'll have my SC so look for it. :)

SilverCasket
03-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Hope everyone had a good time. .. Wish I could have made it out. .. Maybe next time...

Also, use an address so I can map it out.. .. Sounds like it's going to be a nice turnout.

Anthony

Miller
03-05-2005, 11:46 PM
I hope everybody liked my smoke show......for those of you who werent there.. it was sick... smoke goin all the wayy down the mall parking lot... mauahhahaha.... the best part is... I was still in park when i did it.... :eek:

SCchick89
03-06-2005, 12:35 AM
that smoke show was great.......lol..... pretty good gathering for our "meet". hopefully when the weather warms up a little bit we'll see a bigger turn out. but to you guys that did get out tonite, thanks. you all seem really cool and i look forward to others joining our meets. don't forget about the captree show tomorrow morning/afternoon....just take robert moses south til you see the signs, or ocean parkway east til you get to it.
as for the club, we probably need to get 5-10 more SCers in to really be able to establish ourselves. thanks to johnny cougar for his advice and offer to help us get started, and also the invite to the cougar nuts meet on the 19th at dave and busters. check out his previous post for more info. for our next meet i was thinking maybe having it at the applebees parking lot off sunrise (i think ex45, around rt111) in east islip. it's about a 15 minute trip from smithhaven, nichols rd to sunrise, a few exits west and you're there. let me know what you guys think about that, and also feel free to offer other areas as well. keep any ideas for the club coming, we can go from there. :)

NYC Russ
03-09-2005, 06:37 PM
well... went and nobody was there... BUT... while I was there these 2 girls flaged me down as i drove accross the parking lot, then asked if they could take a picture of them kissing me for there scavanger hunt + if i had a gf....i do.. so they didnt get there picture.. but how often does that happen eh ?

You sure they were girls and not KwikgSeX in drag again? Were they in an Eclipse?

Miller
03-09-2005, 11:19 PM
hrmm... now that you mention it......... heh

purplexd
03-10-2005, 01:37 AM
I appologise but I don't know how to post threads/questions on this site. I just joined yesterday. The problem I have, just started recently. About once a week when I step on my brakes the pedal goes all the way down and my brakes virtually stop working. It's friggin scary!!! My mechanic has been working on my '89 SC since '94 when I bought it but he is not totally sure what is wrong. The entire rear brake assembly is new and I just got better than stock rotors and pads on the front. When the brakes work, wich is 98% of the time, I stop on a dime and the ABS seems to be working. Both my mechanic and myself think it is the master cylinder/accumulator system under the hood but I figured I would ask around before starting to replace all of the "braking system" parts under my hood. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

purplexd

crackaacta@msn.com
YIM purplexd37

KwikGSeX
03-10-2005, 06:07 AM
You sure they were girls and not KwikgSeX in drag again? Were they in an Eclipse?

STFU Russ you are not supposed to let out my secret!!!

SCchick89
03-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey, where is everyone? no one has posted since the meet last weekend.. are you guys still into getting this club going? i know there is a meet on the 19th with the cougars guys, so i was thinking we have our next meet either this saturday night the 12th, or saturday the 26th at applebees on sunrise in east islip. i think its exit 48? i figure that the 26th would be better, as it will probably be a little warmer than this weekend will be.. any thoughts on this meeting??? by the way, we hit the car show at captree last sunday, not bad a lot of nice cars, but it pretty much clears out by 1030-11am... most cars get there at like 8... as for our club, i have gotten together a few things so far for us.. as of now i have access to:

*10-20% discount on parts at sayville ford
*an excellent sc repair mechanic
* another that will install performance parts
*a body shop/painter that will discount prices for and club members and may charge material only prices if you contact me first to work it out. by the way, he does flames, ghosting, metal flake and anything else you might want.
*numerous other discounts through the LI Thunderbirds club.

and probably more things i can't think of right now... hopefully we can this club going and establish ourselves on the island. lets get those posts going again......

Ira R.
03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey, where is everyone? no one has posted since the meet last weekend.. are you guys still into getting this club going? i know there is a meet on the 19th with the cougars guys, so i was thinking we have our next meet either this saturday night the 12th, or saturday the 26th at applebees on sunrise in east islip. i think its exit 48? i figure that the 26th would be better, as it will probably be a little warmer than this weekend will be.. any thoughts on this meeting??? by the way, we hit the car show at captree last sunday, not bad a lot of nice cars, but it pretty much clears out by 1030-11am... most cars get there at like 8... as for our club, i have gotten together a few things so far for us.. as of now i have access to:

*10-20% discount on parts at sayville ford
*an excellent sc repair mechanic
* another that will install performance parts
*a body shop/painter that will discount prices for and club members and may charge material only prices if you contact me first to work it out. by the way, he does flames, ghosting, metal flake and anything else you might want.
*numerous other discounts through the LI Thunderbirds club.

and probably more things i can't think of right now... hopefully we can this club going and establish ourselves on the island. lets get those posts going again......

Well, I'm looking for someone who can bolt on some parts for me, and I really need to sit down with a body shop guy as well. Nothing fancy I don't think, but I must get the hood redone and there are a few other things that i want to discuss with them.

I think I sent you a PM about this prior but maybe not. I'm at irar@optonline.net if that's easier for you.

Ira

Miller
03-11-2005, 12:12 AM
hey SCchick, if you can, can you talk to your guy and see about the price for a rebuild on my engine ? i was gonna have this guy I know do it, but it couldnt hurt to look in more then one place yeh know ?

SCchick89
03-11-2005, 05:43 PM
no problem but what exactly are you looking to do? head gasket only or more than that? let me know and ill talk to my guy and get back to you.

Miller
03-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I wanna rebuild the engine.. i think... I want it to last for a while.....so I figured for that i need to rebuild.... or will doing the gaskets be good enough even with the high miles ( 117k) ? so i guess if u can get me a price on just the gaskets, and a full rebuild, thad be good.. thank yeh kindly

Miller
03-11-2005, 11:17 PM
oh yea.. and if u can ask how much to rebuild my suspension too..... but the engine is more important yeh know

lube70
03-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I think everyone needs to work on getting the club off the ground. I have found that people that join because they want something done cheaper or for free.

Not that this happens in the NJTACC, we all tend to work together to get a common goal.

I know that getting discounts and such are important, just remember to give back what you receive.

Just an opinion.....

Not criticizing anyone......Just wanting you guys and gals to get going on the right foot.

Don

fasttbird12
03-11-2005, 11:55 PM
hey how do i get this guy Brian Herron to tune my car. dave at east end pointed me in the right direction with my motor its all done and i have an eec tuner and i need to find someone who can tune my car for me. is he anywhere around the area or far away thanks

Ira R.
03-12-2005, 12:50 AM
hey how do i get this guy Brian Herron to tune my car. dave at east end pointed me in the right direction with my motor its all done and i have an eec tuner and i need to find someone who can tune my car for me. is he anywhere around the area or far away thanks

Brian is alive and well in Florida right now. I don't know if he is doing any tuning just now, but I will PM you his email address and you can ask him yourself.

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
03-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Hey what did I miss???...@&*^@%@5

Let ssee...

OBI

Bellmore

Bald Hill

SOmeof teh local car shows.....Yah man lets get to it....I dont hav etime to organzize but Ill show the hell up!

XxSlowpokexX
03-12-2005, 02:40 PM
oh yah you can findme on aim @ xmetalgodnyc

I get bombarded by SC questions daily..Might as well be from someone local:O)

SCchick89
03-12-2005, 05:44 PM
i'm trying to find out who is up for a meet on the 26ht at applebees in east islip, on sunrise hwy..??? the weather should be a little warmer by then, and we can gather and get into discussing the club and organizing things..

Miller- PM me to discuss your head gaskets, and i'll get you some quotes from my guys.

fasttbird12
03-12-2005, 08:55 PM
ill go. who else wants to go hand out with the cougars this weekend comin up im pretty sure im gonna go out and hang with them a lil while. anyone up to sat the 19

Miller
03-12-2005, 09:21 PM
im pretty sure im gonan swing by and check it out... :cool:

SCchick89
03-13-2005, 02:41 PM
ok, well it looks like fastbird and miller are in, who else is up for the 26th at applebees???

XxSlowpokexX
03-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I may go if Im in town

Ira R.
03-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Have to work. Again.

Ira

pipecraze
03-14-2005, 06:55 PM
I think I can make the 26th....march right?
Sean

SCchick89
03-15-2005, 11:16 PM
yes, march 26th.... so that makes four of us...... where's everyone else??

SilverCasket
03-16-2005, 05:11 PM
If anyone is close to the NJ/NY border & wants to swap/share SC stories & info .. Most of all get a great buffet, feel free to come. We usually have around 15-20 MN-12's of some sort. XR7, SC, LX, MarkVIII.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59596

Anthony

SCchick89
03-22-2005, 08:18 PM
ok you guys it's march 22...... so far i've heard from fastbird, and pipecraze and it looks like miller may be there too depending on his car status... (sorry miller....) and there are a few that may get there if possible... if we're going to get this club off the ground we need to get together and really talk and see what we're all looking to do.... by the way, i just got the long island car show listings and there are a few shows coming up. i usually put my bird into the judged class, but maybe we can get some scs together and go to the shows together. anyway, hopefully i'll hear back from some of you guys about this saturday the 26th.... it's a little closer to nassau so maybe some you nassau/city guys will be able to make the trip... applebees lot off sunrise in east islip. exit 45 or 46 i think...

pipecraze
03-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey,

I might have a chance to go to the auto show in the city this sat so I might not make the meet! Sorry.

Sean

XxSlowpokexX
03-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Well hell I said Id show up..>Dammit...Lemme see what other losers I can get to join me:O) hehe