OE tires on 94 SC

Standard tire was the Goodyear Eagle ZR60 "Gatorback", P225-60ZR16. There was an option for an all-season tire as well, which was the Firestone Firehawk SVX in the same size and speed rating.

Neither of those tires are still being manufactured. If you're set on either one, you would have to try to locate good used ones, or new ones sitting on a shelf somewhere. They weren't particularily great tires anyway. Tire technology has advanced a lot in the last 10 years. My suggestion would be to go with a current tire.

cheers
Ed N.

I had the Firestone SVX's on my '93 & the GoodYears on my '94. Both pretty decent tires. Both lasted around 50k, the Firestone's had soft side walls and the GoodYears were noisy. I think an equivalent high performance all season tire would be the Dunlop 5000 - that's what I have on the '93 right now. Very nice tire, but they don't last as long as the others. Next time, however, I'm going to try the Pirelli PZero Nero on both cars, I hear good things about their snow capability and that's what Ford is currently putting on the new Mustang GT.

Back