1989 Sc Exhaust System

X

xThunderbirdSCx

Hey guys, i was just wondering. I was talking to Dave (XR7Dave) on the phone earlier, and he told me that the 1989 SC exhauts system is pretty decent when the resonator is removed. Will i have a good, yet productive exhaust if i were to remove the resonator and replace it with an open, free flowing Y pipe? Thanks alot guys, and if anyone has any sound bytes of an exhaust like that, please post them to be heard, or e-mail them to me. Thanks alot.

exaust

yea i have it done on mine it sounds really good i like it alot it sounds almost like a g35 with a supercharger if i had to compare it but alittle deeper

When I removed the resonator from my 89 I could not handle the drone at around 1500 RPM.

I now have stock cats, a Magnaflow resonator, and a Borla catback (which has no muffler). I love how it sounds now.

On this same subject, I'm on a very limited budget. No really, I mean no money spent is best, but...

What one single (cheapest) thing can I do to my 94 SC exhaust to make it more free flowing. It it worth the effort to remove the restriction on the back of the resonator by cutting it out and welding in a short piece of tube?

Other suggestions along this line are greatly welcomed....

Mee too!

Hey Rusty.
Nice 94 SC. I also own a 94 manual SC.
Now there are only 720 (or less) other 94 manual SC's out there.
I am also going to update my exhaust as well.
xThunderbirdSCx, didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Probably start a 94 exhaust thread.
If you delete the resonator you can get a drone that has known to drive people crazy on the E-way.
I guess it depends on how its done.
The magnaflow seems to be one of the best solutions to this.
Good luck xThunderbirdSCx!
Bill

Back