Cervinis Mach1 hood fitment problem

quick35th

So I bought a Cervinis Mach1 hood used cheap off a guy here. Its in really good shape but it needs some work. It has a little crack and some spider vanes on the front of it. Its was hit by a deer before in it past. Heres the problem. It fits perfectly except for one place. It doesn't sit quiet all the way down on the passenger side where the cowl is. I think what the problem is that it is sitting on the cowl and cant go down any more. Or atleast that is what it feels like when I stick my fingers in there. Also I dont know if this has anything to do with it but on that side of the hood there is only one bolt in there because I messed up the threads on the other bolt but from what I can tell the hole is lined up with the bracket. Anyone else have this same problem? Most likely I am going to take the cowl off to help vent the motor during races.

Shane

Remove the cowl seal and see if that is the problem. The fiberglass maybe too thick in the hinge area also.

Good Luck
Jerry

Thanks Jerry! I was wandering about removing the inner layer of fiberglass to make it lighter and since it has become broken apart at the seams in the front. It could just use alittle sealer and it would be as good as new up front. Thanks again.

Shane

Back