speaker size

racinsc91

if haven't gotten a solid anwser from the different internet or local stores in my area about the size of my speakers. i tell them my i have a thunder bird with premium sound and the tell i have 5 1/4", 5"x7" 6"x8" or 6"x9"s. which one is it?

i have a 90 cougar and the front and back are 5"x7" i went to put the stereo from my 5.0 in my cat and the fronts would not fit. thats how i found out so i had to get some new fronts to match the backs. the 5.0's are 5 1/4 in the front. Bill

technically you have 2 pairs of 5-1/4 components. you can either leave the plate in and replace them with new 5-1/4 components, or a 5x7 or 6x8 speaker will replace that when the plate is removed.
-matt

I think you should go all out and buy a 6", 4", 1" component set, build a fiberglass setup for them and mount them in front of the passenger and driver seats facing up. It will sound excellent!

OR....... just put 2-way 5x7's all around.

Speaker Size

The speaker size you need is (6 x 8) front and back... I would recommend getting some Pioneer 3-Way speakers they handle 200 Watts... These speakers can really take a beating, and you get your moneys worth, atleast in my opinion....

They are 5x7's, and some manufacturers call it 6x8 becuase they include the speaker frame as part of the sizing. I have Rockford Fosgates and they are 5x7's.

SuperCoupes have 5x7/6x8 speakers inside....
for some odd reason they are considered the same size.

either will fit, i would go buy some 3-way speakers to replace them or i know that Clarion makes a 5x7 plate that is like the stock speakers but much better SQ

Todd

Back