Front end link ball joints spin

NCRedbird

I'm putting in new Tokico shocks, lowering springs and upper control arms. Everything has gone reasonably well until now. When I try to tighten down the nuts on the new Moog end link the ball joint just spins. I'm using the nuts that came with the link. Am I totally missing something or could the nuts not be the correct size?

NCRedbird said:
I'm putting in new Tokico shocks, lowering springs and upper control arms. Everything has gone reasonably well until now. When I try to tighten down the nuts on the new Moog end link the ball joint just spins. I'm using the nuts that came with the link. Am I totally missing something or could the nuts not be the correct size?

-I had the same problem with my endlinks. Im not sure if this is the correct way to do this or not, i just used a vise grip to apply pressure to the back of the ball joint so it would not spin. Also make sure your threads are clean and spray them.

That's pretty normal. The nuts are either nylon locking or cinch nuts (look oval, not round). What I did was push or hammer the endlink so that the larger diameter at the base of the endlink stud "grabs" in the hole, then tighten.

huh, I know the factory ones you can shove an allen key in the stud, if not put a set of large water pump pliers on them and pinch them to the sway-bars, the stud for the end-link shaft is tapered and will press and hold itself in place while tightening the nut. Or even place a pry bar behind the endlink and push it into the sway-bar

Back