TIPS NEEDED: Removing SC motor.

quick35th

I am sure there prolly have been a ton of threads on this already but I have some specific questions. One, what all should I take off the motor to get it out? Two, what do I hook the engine hoist to on the motor? I know the motor really well so it should not be to hard I just need to know those few things. If I have any other questions I will post them up.

Shane

I would at least take off the two front accessory brackets. Don't disconnect the ac compressor, just tie it in place off to the side. I also removed the sc to have easier access to everything in the rear. Remove the radiator fan. There are bolt holes in the front and back of the heads. (the front holes are where the accessory brackets are bolted in to). Usually, you would thread the appropriate sized bolt into these holes (two in front and two in back), then put the lifting chain link through the bolt, and tighten it down with a nut, and use washers as spacers to position the chain correctly. The two chains go front to back, and the hoist hooks them in the middle.

Like this:

engout1.jpg

Note, I found the compressor lines on my 93, way to unforgiving to just tie the compressor back with any hope of clearing the block. I was afraid of bending one.

Well I am going to take everything out of the engine bay so i can clean it and prep it for the V8. The A/C will not be returning.

Shane

Back