To Tune or Not To Tune

birdofprey

So here's the deal... I have searched and have received good results but I am still a bit confused. Some people say that you can go with out a tune and others say that once you get new injectors/heads/cam... ect. That you should have your car tuned with a chip or a new computer. I do understand that a tune will always help. The only problem with that is that it requires a dyno and someone there to tune it. I know that you can send in your dyno graph and have the chip sent to you. But my dilemma with that is that I am looking at doing some mods: injectors and maybe heads and cam. But after I get thoughs mods I would like to later upgrade with a raised top and play around with boost levels, then with a tune I would have to get it re-burned after every mod just to fix my A/F.

So my question is that can the stock computer adjust the A/F for these kind of mods. I just want to know if I'm going to be safe and not put my engine in danger with these mods and no tunning. I do plan on having it tuned when I am done with the modding, but just unsure on what to do now.

But then again I don't know maybe you wouldn't need to get it re-burned after every mod, thats why I'm asking. :D

Back