2003 Focus SVT

OneFastBird

Hey,
I was wondering, how many people out there thinks that my 94' SC 5-speed, with just Borla cat-back exuast could beat my brothers stock 03' SVT Focus. I've told him that my car would beat his and probaly even smoke his but he still seems to think that he would beat me. I just wanted to see what you guys think the result of this race would be.

MIKE 38sc said:
He might beat you on a 1/4 mile if he can drive. Roadcourse he'll own you.

Are you kidding me? My 91 SC automatic without a pulley raced 2 SVT foci from a roll and a stop, and I had absolutley no problems beating them. At least 1-2 car lengths. If my 91 AUTO can do it, Im sure his 94 5-speed can and will without a problem. But your right, he will own you on a road course.

This is all assuming you are matched drivers. Obviously a 13 second car could be a 16 second car with a horrible driver.

I said 1/4 mile! not that rolling start BS you guy's are always so proud of.
Who the hell races from a rolling start execpt them NASCAR rednecks? :p :p

I don't know if the Steeda Foci are any faster or slower than an SVT Focus, but if they're at least as fast, you have nothing to worry about. I walked all over a Steeda Focus in my 94 LX, and the best time I got that day was a 16.1 It's still a Focus, and it's not made for straight lines. Of course, as it has already been said, if he gets you on some turns he'll walk you, but that's pretty much a given.

from the thread, <a href="http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49331&highlight=beat">For that person that ask can a sc beat this car.</a>

<i>2002 Ford Focus SVT 7.8 16.1
2003 Ford Focus SVT 7.7 15.9</i>

not very impressive for Ford's Special Vehicle Team . .

What Are You Thinking

Well yes I'm his brother and yes he would beat my stock SVT in the 1/8th he would kill me and the 1/4 he would get maybe a car length, but my point to him he would not be able to stay with me to get to the 1/4 mile track i would lose him way to easy, but yes it is a nice car that he has, as long as it is a FORD. Thank You PEACE OUT from Iraq SPC Reed U.S. ARMY

Well yes I'm his brother and yes he would beat my stock SVT in the 1/8th he would kill me and the 1/4 he would get maybe a car length, but my point to him he would not be able to stay with me to get to the 1/4 mile track i would lose him way to easy, but yes it is a nice car that he has, as long as it is a FORD. Thank You PEACE OUT from Iraq SPC Reed U.S. ARMY

He would kill you in the 1/8th, and in the 1/4, you would not gain on him between the 1/8th and 1/4th.

Aren't those cars pulling low 15's.I think it should me close race within a car lenght.My cousin pulled 16.0 in his bone stock daily beater 4-door non SVT model Focus.

Aren't those cars pulling low 15's.I think it should me close race within a car lenght.My cousin pulled 16.0 in his bone stock daily beater 4-door non SVT model Focus.

More like mid-high 15's at best. A 16.0 is the fastest time I have ever seen listed for a stock non-SVT Focus, was that with a Zetec or duratec? I'm assuming it was a 5-speed as well?

At the track i've seen SVT focus's do anywhere from 16.50 to high 15's. High 15's are pretty rare however, and of course modifications are unknown. I just know my buddy's 95 Acura Legend can walk a SVT focus like nothing (3-4 lengths easy to 90mph). So you should have a good chance if not guaranteed victory.

idk...the 3 lil letters SVT seems to make people think there cars r faster than they r. I should put SVT on my car and see how fast it is...its kinda like dragon stickers!!!! lol. I think the bird would beat it....

...And it doesn't take a lot to wake up an SVT Focus. I had a simple SCT reflash on my 2003 SVT Focus and it resulted in a bit more torque that was EASILY noticed on the first ride out.

Someone said 5 speed. The SVT Focus is a 6 speed.

Just for the record. I don't think people buy the SVT Focus for street race duty. The car handles like a DREAM and better than some 90k cars that I've driven for my cousins transport company.

My car was a lemon and it was bought back. I purchased a 2005 ZX3 and then went and bought the SVT suspension, rear bumper, mirrors, ST grill, and put SVT EAP wheels on the car. Now, she wears Focus RS wheels and handles just awesome. Great daily driver(mirrors not installed in pictures).

Last edited:
idk...the 3 lil letters SVT seems to make people think there cars r faster than they r. I should put SVT on my car and see how fast it is...its kinda like dragon stickers!!!! lol. I think the bird would beat it....

Nice post revival inspector gadget. He also said that he beat his brothers SVT Focus 100's of times over a year and a half after his original post. Let this thread die please.

Back