Need to replace ABS hose

Tin-Knocker105

What kind of and where can i get replacement hose for the ABS assy brakefluid res. Did a search and found a number but can't seem to locate it on the web.

GATES 5 RLA 5/16 INCH 1 BRAID MADE IN U.S.A. GL052902 Z3044

got that from the search i did on the leacky ABS subject, anybody help me out
thanks
tony

Are you talking about the rubber one that goes from the reservoir to the Electric Pump Motor? That is something that you should be able to take down to the local part store and have them match it up. Don't loose the plastic nipple that goes into the pump motor as those may be hard to find. Make sure it is the hose that is leaking and not the plastic nipple. If so, you might want to do a little junk yard searching for spare parts. I pulled a complete system off a Lincoln Town Car for $35?? and was glad cause my stock ABS Pump Motor went bad and had a spare.

If you are talking about the hose with banjo bolts that goes from the ABS Electrical Pump Motor to the Master Cylinder Assembly, that one may be harder to come by. I think this one is called the High pressure hose. I noticed the ones in the junk yard were a hose, yet the stock one was a hard line with fittings (Similar to a short brake line).

Are you talking about the rubber one that goes from the reservoir to the Electric Pump Motor?

Yep thats the one, but i don't think that a Parts store would stock it cause it can't be a regular rubber thye hose, the brake fluid would kill a regular hose in a meter of a couple minutes.

or am i incorrect?

They should still carry brake hose. You only need a small length. Ask if fuel hose will hold up to brake fluid...

Back