Woohoo! Bought a SC...Couple ?'s...

NRTrackStar

Hey guys! This past weekend, I picked up a 94 5 speed SC with only 31000 miles! I absolutely love it! As far as I can tell, it has all options except a spoiler and a CD player. I was breezing through my owners manual, and noticed that a single CD/Tape combo was available as an option. Does this unit work with the JBL sound system? I'm assuming it does, but if not, do all cars come with a wiring harness for a CD changer? I would really rather just get the single CD/Tape head unit (anyone have one for sale?), but if I dont have to wire anything, a CD changer would be nice too. Finally, i also want to fill in the "Thunderbird SC" on the back bumber. Does anyone sell this lettering? Thanks!

There was no tape/cd indash combo availible in 1994+ model Thunderbirds. The only possible way to have a tape AND cd was with a indash tape player linked to a disc changer located in the trunk. Unless you really want to remove your indicator lamp module, then maybe with some rewiring you may possibly be able to insert a cd player in this location. If you do choose to do this you will have to locate a cd player from a 2nd gen Taurus as it will be compatible with the 1994+ oem stereo.

Back